jet city jca20h Advice

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Zrust
Just the numbers in order: 13492

jet city jca20h Advice

Post by Zrust » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 am

Hi Metro Amp community,

I’m just a hobby guitarist; I’ve been on a small 5 watt amp forever. I have an acquaintance that is selling a jet city jca20 head and cab; he has purchased a new amp and is selling this one. He has played with this amp during gigs.

I have very little experience with amps and the tech; I just want an honest answer from some experienced people. I have played on it for a few hours, played around with its settings, I like the sound of the amp, and I wouldn’t need another for a long time if I was to get this amp.

The problem is that he has a broken 8 ohm cab input. I would have said he has connected the 16 ohms from the head to the 8 ohm cab input, and blown the input on the cab. The amp sounds fine to me, but I have not heard a new jet city jca20. Will this have damaged the amp or shortened its life? Will this be an expensive repair? Would you even look at an amp with this kind of damage?

I don’t want to spend money on something that will die on me within a few years, or need expensive repairs just to maintain.

Thank you for your time,
Zrust.