Dean Markley CD-60 vintage

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Guitar-Sam
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Dean Markley CD-60 vintage

Post by Guitar-Sam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 am

So its been awhile since posting here.I sorta stopped the tone chase sold off 90% of my tubes and just dialed up a nice tone with my #1 amp and OD and lived with it for about 3yrs now...........So anyway I'm on my way home tonight and what do I seen in the trash but a blonde guitar amp looking thing.So I tell the wife to stop then I notice screening cans and fat power tubes OH BOY!! Then I realize I just stumbled on a 80s Markley CD-60 :hairband:I threw it on my lap in the car so joyously I took off with the footswitch hanging out the car door :lol: The amp is all wet from the rain so I stripped her down and got her drying out on the heat register now.I notice the fuse was blown so I'll start digging soon once I'm certain its 100% dry.Evan if it turns out to be totally blown up it still had 2x GE 12ax7s and a Sylvania 12ax7 in it. I think the chase is on again........ :scratch:
Last edited by Guitar-Sam on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
74' Stratocaster
Several Frankenstrats
Orange Tiny Terror & PPC 1x12 cab
Marshall 2210
69' Marshall 4x12 "B" cab
Dean Markley CD-60

Guitar-Sam
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Deam Markley CD-60 vintage

Post by Guitar-Sam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 pm

K so after drying this baby out I put a new fuse in amp it popped as soon as I flipped the switch.I pulled the power tubes and put a new fuse and it did the same.
Sound like a PT issue? How would I go about testing the PT?

On a good note the eminence speaker really sounds sweet with my other amps so Its atleast a partial winner.
74' Stratocaster
Several Frankenstrats
Orange Tiny Terror & PPC 1x12 cab
Marshall 2210
69' Marshall 4x12 "B" cab
Dean Markley CD-60