Randall NBKing112 - anyone tried it and could say something?

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Ogrus
Just the numbers in order: 7

Randall NBKing112 - anyone tried it and could say something?

Post by Ogrus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Hey folks,

I'm in need of help! Just found one of these Randall NBKing112, Nuno Bettencourt signature, new in the box, is a really GOOD value here in Brazil.

However, as I almost did not see anything about it out there (just some words here and there, a few not-so-good clips on U2B, a unique review - link below), so it's being really hard to know it better! And the store that is selling it is far away from home, making it just a bit complicated to test!
http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guita ... 112-282005

I'm currently using a Laney TI-15, but I need a two channel amp, for some clean tones. As the real is well depreciated against the dollar, it's difficult to think heavily for a while. The Laney sounds great, but it's almost a one tricky pony... its crunch/drive sounds amazing, but it lacks clean tones! And I'm pretty worried if it decides to start to show some failure, as it's almost entirelly built with SMDs... I can work with regular components, but never serviced any device which PCB is fully populated with SMDs... hope the NBKing is not made this way!

Anyway... someone out there that can tell something about this amp? Pictures would be awesome!

Cheers mates