newbie - zero loss effects loop into a sovtek mig50

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

jlober5741
Just the numbers in order: 13492

newbie - zero loss effects loop into a sovtek mig50

Post by jlober5741 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Hey guys, new here and also new to modding in general. I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'm trying to explore every option I can before just throwing in the towel. I have a mig50 that I bought a zero loss effects loop kit for from metropoulos and took it to a local amp tech (pittsburgh) who came highly recommended. He's more than willing to do the mod but due to his schedule and the amount of work he has to do - he can't really 'engineer' the kit into my amp unless he charges me a bunch by the hour. I've been looking around trying to see if anyone has ever done this before who might be able to guide me in the right direction. There wasn't really instructions with the kit itself, but I know I've seen mig50's with effects loops in them.

I know little to nothing about electronics other than I can make my own guitar and mic cables and I have replaced broken components on a pedal once or twice, hence why I wanted to have a tech put it in. Is there any where I can start to figure out where he can put this thing in? This probably all sounds general and stupid but I really don't know what else to do other than say oh well and take it home. I'm ignorant of how amp mods work yes, but I'm just looking for a little guidance. Any little bit would be appreciated, thanks a lot guys!

alexradium
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: newbie - zero loss effects loop into a sovtek mig50

Post by alexradium » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:49 am

there is a manual for installation online,free to download.
If your superguru tech can't figure out the whole thing in 10 minutes,find another one,its stupid easy.