Those echoplex preamp pedals, which u like??

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Haze13
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Those echoplex preamp pedals, which u like??

Post by Haze13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:02 am

jnew wrote:Pretty in depth about your gizmo circuits there. Good on ya.
Not at all:) There is more to it then just replasing the quality of the caps in the signal path. Hi-Fi audio and Instrument equipment, they are 2 parts of the same world and the same laws, but some 30 years ago they got separeted. It's easy to make some thing work, and harder to make it sound! I don't think some one will buy a gibson that made from 1 pice MDF body with Plywood neck. It will work, but not sound.
People spendig a lot of money on amps and guitar, even cabels, BUT when it comes to the FX they can go Digital or SMD and be happy...

jnew

Post by jnew » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:35 am

There is truth in what you say and I was just admiring how familiar you seem to be with so many different components and all. I don't think you took it as an insult and I certainly didn't mean it that way and to your point, this week I bought a couple of WIMA .68 caps and installed only one in the 1st gain stage of my favorite amp. One stupid little cap change in the whole amp and the difference is instantly noticeable. (for the better) Clarity and detail in each note of a chord. :what: I found it amazing myself. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haze13

Post by Haze13 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:53 pm

No insult was taken!
You can't belive how I was amazed when same values sounded different. Actualy they don't sound, they just don't effect the tone so bad. More bad caps in the path, the worst it will sound. And same goes to the transistors... And IC's... And resitors... And damn every thing! Better to stay away from it! Less is more! One Guitar - One Cable - One amp - One Pick!

jnew

Post by jnew » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:47 pm

:thumbsup: Makes perfect sense.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;