Alex's Attenuator

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

outtahear

Re: Alex's Attenuator

Post by outtahear » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:15 pm

If you're thinking of sending a deposit for a Faustine, Read...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=957148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will help.....

slashl33t
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by slashl33t » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 am

Im really interested in the Alex after owning a UA. I had a UA awhile back and about after 10 minutes of testing it I put it back in the box and had enough. It was just sad. The UA darkened the amp a shit ton with barely any attenuation at all no matter what the settings were :what: . And that plexi switch just turned it into a fizz box taking even more away from the tone. The line out was nice though.
*Rig*
*Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine
#535q Wah
*Marshall 2203 SIR #34/#36 Switchable

jesone

Post by jesone » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Would dearly like to buy an AA but last time I asked Alex he was unable to ship to the UK unfortunately :(

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm

jesone wrote:Would dearly like to buy an AA but last time I asked Alex he was unable to ship to the UK unfortunately :(
Why is that?
12000 Metro Kit

jesone

Post by jesone » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 am

I believe it was something to do with type approval for European markets but I don't remember the detail precisely. I'm sure Alex will correct my poor memory on that.

Bottom line is it's not available to us in the UK right now sadly so the Ho is perhaps the best alternative. It's a mighty shame, one of life's frustrations is doing your homework on a product, having the funds, and then having to compromise :(

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am

jesone wrote:I believe it was something to do with type approval for European markets but I don't remember the detail precisely. I'm sure Alex will correct my poor memory on that.

Bottom line is it's not available to us in the UK right now sadly so the Ho is perhaps the best alternative. It's a mighty shame, one of life's frustrations is doing your homework on a product, having the funds, and then having to compromise :(
Don't! I can have you one if you want! I'm in France. All you need is a contact in the US who wants to ship it to you. Alex cannot afford being the sender of his unit because of ROHS compliance. If you really want one I have a friend in the US who can ship it to me and then I can ship it over to you. But mind that means you'll have to pay three shippings: Alex --> my US contact --> Me --> You!

jesone

Post by jesone » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Twistingcrow wrote:
jesone wrote:I believe it was something to do with type approval for European markets but I don't remember the detail precisely. I'm sure Alex will correct my poor memory on that.

Don't! I can have you one if you want! I'm in France. All you need is a contact in the US who wants to ship it to you. Alex cannot afford being the sender of his unit because of ROHS compliance. If you really want one I have a friend in the US who can ship it to me and then I can ship it over to you. But mind that means you'll have to pay three shippings: Alex --> my US contact --> Me --> You!
That's really very very kind of you, I may well be taking you up on this.

scottfree
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by scottfree » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 am

Hi, I am wondering if the Alex's Attenuator is still up for sale? Does he still make them? Not sure how to get in touch with him other than having left him a message on his myspace account. Will it work with the UK's equivalent of power supply: 220/240volts at 50hz on 13amp mains outlet (Singapore's power supply). Can anyone here advise, please?

Thanks!

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:10 am

Alex does NOT make his attenuator anymore. But, the good news is that Scumback speakers will be making them. Scumback bought the design from Alex. To answer your question, the attenuator works independently of a power supply, meaning..it doesn't matter if you are at 110 or 220 volts.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:16 am

rgorke wrote:Alex does NOT make his attenuator anymore.
Really? I didn't know that! Why and when did he quit making them?

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Twistingcrow wrote:
rgorke wrote:Alex does NOT make his attenuator anymore.
Really? I didn't know that! Why and when did he quit making them?
I believe Alex is concentrating his design/engineering talents on automotive intake manifolds for fuel injected hot rods. Due to that he decided to quit making the Alex Attenuator.

I felt the product was good enough to keep alive, so I bought the design/marketing/production rights to it late last year.

I'm waiting on his original chassis designer to send me my first 20 chassis. I already have a waiting list of 17 clients, so it looks like I need to up the order for more chassis before the 1st one gets here! LOL

Same price as before: $449
Adding the 2nd speaker jack as standard equipment.

Email me if you need more information.

Jim

sales @ scumbackspeakers.com
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Good to know that his attenuator is kept alive and that's in good hands! It is a GREAT attenuator! Thanks Jim!

bcplayah

Post by bcplayah » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 am

I've heard the Alex and have been looking for a source for them. I gave a Mass 100 and I am less than thrilled with it. Does anyone know of a canadian source for them?

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 am

bcplayah wrote:I've heard the Alex and have been looking for a source for them. I gave a Mass 100 and I am less than thrilled with it. Does anyone know of a canadian source for them?
No dealers in Canada, sorry. You can order one of the updated models from me direct.

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/attenuator.html
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

908ssp

Post by 908ssp » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:42 am

Some things are just too expensive to build to offer dealers a discount. So the only way to get them to market is direct sales.