EP-3 Echoplex preamp circuit in pedal UPDATE/CLIPS!

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

jape88
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: EP-3 Echoplex preamp circuit in pedal UPDATE/CLIPS!

Post by jape88 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:06 am

Has anyone heard from Peter after his hospital stint?
Hope he's doing well.

Desperate to get one these! A more practical alternative to lugging round a musty smelling, WW2 looking lunch box :lol:

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:28 pm

jape88 wrote:Has anyone heard from Peter after his hospital stint?
Hope he's doing well.

Desperate to get one these! A more practical alternative to lugging round a musty smelling, WW2 looking lunch box :lol:
Said he was recovering a bit and would be getting back to things in a week or two.
12000 Metro Kit

jape88

Post by jape88 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 am

FYI Peter will be back at production of the EP Pre next week, so He's sifting through the back log... then production should start.

:D

clinchfx

Post by clinchfx » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 am

I'm back.

Thank you all for the good wishes. The "minor surgery" ended up as the most difficult procedure of its type ever attempted by the surgeon, even though he's had many years of experience. Trust me to make things difficult :wink: I bounced back fairly quickly after surgery, but then crashed again. I'm finally back on top of it all. I've done a little updating to the website and am about to send a heap of emails telling folks that their pedals are ready.

Mandy has been a huge help and support. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her alongside me through my health troubles over the past few years.

Peter.
ClinchFX Hand Made Effect Pedals

http://www.clinchfx.com

The Wicker Man

Post by The Wicker Man » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I just received the e-mail yesterday and mine is now on it's way.

I can't wait to try it out.

harddriver

Post by harddriver » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm

clinchfx wrote:I'm back.

Thank you all for the good wishes. The "minor surgery" ended up as the most difficult procedure of its type ever attempted by the surgeon, even though he's had many years of experience. Trust me to make things difficult :wink: I bounced back fairly quickly after surgery, but then crashed again. I'm finally back on top of it all. I've done a little updating to the website and am about to send a heap of emails telling folks that their pedals are ready.

Mandy has been a huge help and support. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her alongside me through my health troubles over the past few years.

Peter.
Good to see you back and healthy Peter! The little thread about your EP-PRE has grown since it's inception! 8) Still loving the tone from my two EP-PRE's! :wink:

Toad

Post by Toad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:57 am

Hey Peter,
It's great to hear your well again. I sent you a couple emails in the past. I do want a pedal.
Todd

clinchfx

Post by clinchfx » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:06 am

harddriver wrote: Good to see you back and healthy Peter! The little thread about your EP-PRE has grown since it's inception! 8) Still loving the tone from my two EP-PRE's! :wink:
Thanks, I'm hoping that all the health hassles are behind me for at least the next 10 years. I think I've had more than my share :lol:

When I see a thread like this, I find it hard to believe it all started because of the EP-PRE. As many of you know, I don't really see the EP-PRE as such a huge achievement. All I did was to extract the preamp section from the EP-3, sticking to a few basic rules of electronics. It was tempting to show my "expertise" by adding features that were not in the EP-3, but I'm glad that I stayed with the original concept.

The really special thing is that I've "met" some great folks and made some good friends because of the EP-PRE.
Toad wrote:Hey Peter,
It's great to hear your well again. I sent you a couple emails in the past. I do want a pedal.
Todd
Todd, I've sent a PM, thanks.

Peter.

Toad

Post by Toad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 am

clinchfx wrote:
harddriver wrote: Good to see you back and healthy Peter! The little thread about your EP-PRE has grown since it's inception! 8) Still loving the tone from my two EP-PRE's! :wink:
Thanks, I'm hoping that all the health hassles are behind me for at least the next 10 years. I think I've had more than my share :lol:

When I see a thread like this, I find it hard to believe it all started because of the EP-PRE. As many of you know, I don't really see the EP-PRE as such a huge achievement. All I did was to extract the preamp section from the EP-3, sticking to a few basic rules of electronics. It was tempting to show my "expertise" by adding features that were not in the EP-3, but I'm glad that I stayed with the original concept.

The really special thing is that I've "met" some great folks and made some good friends because of the EP-PRE.
Todd

Peter.
Hey Peter,
Thanks for the PM.
Todd

waznew

Post by waznew » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 pm

hey peter its waz from diesel here! dude i've been on this site for years.. just never bothered to check out the pedal section... it was great meeting you the other night, great chat.. great pedals!! you can really tell the difference through the PA when dave kicks in the ep pre..awesome.
i lost your card( big night at the hotel bar with dave!!!) gino gave me your number so i'll try and give u a call next week...
can't wait to get my hands on a ep
your a good man... but behind each good man.. is a good woman.. your so lucky.. a wife who can solder!!!
say hi to mandy..
catch ya soon

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 pm

well i will have one on the way,cant wait to try it!!!!
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:12 pm

clinchfx wrote:

Todd

Peter.
glad to see your feeling better!!
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:25 pm

well i got mine,love the way it looks peter did a great job..im not digging the sound of the pedal,if anyone is interested who is waiting to get one,im willing to sell it to them..send me an email..bmf5150@yahoo.com
My EVH sound clips.

clinchfx

Post by clinchfx » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Once again I apologize for not posting for a while. We've both been busy building pedals and designing PCBs for some new things. We've just about cleared the backlog.
bmf5150 wrote:well i got mine,love the way it looks peter did a great job..im not digging the sound of the pedal,if anyone is interested who is waiting to get one,im willing to sell it to them..send me an email..bmf5150@yahoo.com
Man, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't dig the sound of the EP-PRE, but life would be very boring if we all liked the same things. I agree with the comment from Mars Hall on your thread in classifieds.
Mars Hall wrote:bmf5150, I would like to commend you on NOT jumping on the "buy it now, no wait" bandwagon, by charging double for it. :D
waznew wrote:hey peter its waz from diesel here! dude i've been on this site for years.. just never bothered to check out the pedal section... it was great meeting you the other night, great chat.. great pedals!! you can really tell the difference through the PA when dave kicks in the ep pre..awesome.
i lost your card( big night at the hotel bar with dave!!!) gino gave me your number so i'll try and give u a call next week...
can't wait to get my hands on a ep
your a good man... but behind each good man.. is a good woman.. your so lucky.. a wife who can solder!!!
say hi to mandy..
catch ya soon
Waz, I replied by PM and forgot to post here. I really enjoyed the gig and the chat after. We weren't aware that the carpark closed at 1am, and almost had the car locked away for the night. The critics are right - Brisbane is still a big country town. Who'd have thought that a huge carpark in an entertainment precinct would shut at 1am on Saturday night. :roll:

Not only can Mandy solder, she solders better than I do. She's building some very well finished pedals. I guess it's not surprising when you consider that, a few years ago, she was one of the top video camera service techs in Australia.

As you all can probably see from my sig and avatar, we're now advertisers here. Now I just have make some time to come up with a banner advert.

Peter.

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:18 am

Got mine last night Peter. Sounds pretty good. Halfway round the world in 9 businees days? I can't get a letter across the U.S/Canada border in that time.
12000 Metro Kit