EP-3 Echoplex preamp circuit in pedal UPDATE/CLIPS!

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

harddriver

Re: EP-3 Echoplex preamp circuit in pedal UPDATE/CLIPS!

Post by harddriver » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:59 pm

I had Peter install a switch that is in in all his new offerings of the EP-PRE where you can switch the .022uf bright cap in and out of the 3.3K resistor(inthe EP3 circuit) and it really changed the demeanor of the pedal for me. It isn't subtle for me because the way the low to low mids frequency is enhanced much more akin to the later serial numbered EP3's versus the early serial number EP'3 which were brighter... Peter originally based the pedal on the earlier circuit but added the switch later on.

I don't want to speak out of place but I believe all the new pedals have this interal switch in them maybe Peter can clarify the details here.

If you have one of the new pedals the switch is inside and you need to take off the cover, I believe it is shipped in the brighter setting with the .022uf cap switched in, you need to switch it out and give it a listen. I had the original brighter model for years now but I love the darker setting with the .022uf cap switched out giving the tone and feel I get with my 11600 serial numbered Echoplex EP3.

PAGE 15 HAS THE VIDEO CLIPS OF THE EP-PRE IN ACTION.

harddriver

Re: EP-3 Echoplex preamp circuit in pedal UPDATE/CLIPS!

Post by harddriver » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Bump for a great product! My EP-PRE are still used on my board and I still seem to prefer the later darker EP-3 setting. Much thanks for the switch there Mr. Clinch, hope you are well in Aussieland! :rock:

Here are the clips moved to page 16

[youtube]v=LderEFqby4A[/youtube]
[youtube]v=2U7jdzTH7Vg[/youtube]

Direct links sorry the embedding isn't taking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LderEFqby4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7jdzTH7Vg

For some reason these are no longer embedding correctly as they were in the past. Has the embedding format changed on Metro or Youtube?