Speed pedal for KR Megavibe???

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Freedom
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Speed pedal for KR Megavibe???

Post by Freedom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi

Ok, here's the story...i want a speed pedal for my Megavibe...i've seen Kevin's schematics so it goes like this:

1)I ve got a Dunlop wah that i don't use...i could remove all the guts and find an 100K audio dual taper pot, do the wiring and everything is fine...the problem is that the pot should also have "steps" (or "teeth") and long axis like the wah's pots in order to be able to work like its supposed to...i can't find a pot like this...

or

2)I could buy an expression pedal or a volume pedal or something that has already installed an 100K audio dual taper pot...the problem is that i dont think any of these pedals have this kind of pot...

Any Megavibe users that already have a speed pedal?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys... :D
Freedom of Music <=> Music of Freedom

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Ok guys, here is how it goes...

I bought a Korg EXP II...

I unscrewed and unsolder everything i didnt need...the only thing i didn't unsolder were the 3 wires of the stereo input, black, yellow and gray (white in the picture)...

I soldered:

1)the black wire from the #7 lug of the input lug to the #2 lug of the pot
2)another black wire from the #7 lug of the input lug to the #5 lug of the pot
3)the gray wire from the #8 lug of the input to the #3 lug of the pot
4)the yellow wire from the #9 lug of the input to the #6 of the pot

Here is ready:

It was my choice to remove everything else that was not needed for this mod so its pretty empty now...

Works like a charm!!!! :D

PS: This "guide" is just a materialization of Kevin's schematic that comes with the Megavibe.
Last edited by Freedom on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Update:

I noticed that today...the expression pedal does not give the full speed range of the MegaVibe, not in my case at least...it seems that the minimum speed setting when using this express pedal (korg connected, heel down) is as the megavibe has the speed set at 4.5...the maximum speed with the Korg connected (toe down) is pretty fast though, can't even count...

Anyway, I dont really mind, 4.5-5 is possibly my lowest speed setting using the Mega...

RACKDOCTOR

Post by RACKDOCTOR » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:31 am

Freedom wrote:Update:

I noticed that today...the expression pedal does not give the full speed range of the MegaVibe, not in my case at least...it seems that the minimum speed setting when using this express pedal (korg connected, heel down) is as the megavibe has the speed set at 4.5...the maximum speed with the Korg connected (toe down) is pretty fast though, can't even count...

Anyway, I dont really mind, 4.5-5 is possibly my lowest speed setting using the Mega...
You can adjust the pot for the amount of speed you want and the range.

David

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:46 am

RACKDOCTOR wrote: You can adjust the pot for the amount of speed you want and the range.

David
If you mean the Korg's pot, i have already tried this...i fooled around with the pot's teeth but 4.5-5 is the lowest speed it goes...at least in my case...

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 am

So guys, do you think there is an easy way, for instance by adding a resistor or two, to make the Korg give me a little bit lower speed? :?:

PS: i've already sent an email about that to Kevin (a month ago) but i don't expect to answer anytime soon...(if ever)...

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:24 pm

lol

Kevin posted my directions and photo in his site???

http://www.krmusicalproducts.com/productsmegavibe.htm

Intresting...i posted these on this forum and on TGP but still i cant see any references to any of these forums in his site...uuuuuuuuh, here goes the glory... :D

Nice one Kevin...

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm

Oh, i almost forgot...i suppose Kevin forgot to mention that for some reason you cant get the full speed range...and maybe its about time to reply to my mail (sent on March 25th) about how i can fix this tiny little issue... :roll:

RACKDOCTOR

Post by RACKDOCTOR » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 am

Freedom wrote:lol

Kevin posted my directions and photo in his site???

http://www.krmusicalproducts.com/productsmegavibe.htm

Intresting...i posted these on this forum and on TGP but still i cant see any references to any of these forums in his site...uuuuuuuuh, here goes the glory... :D

Nice one Kevin...
I copied the post and sent it to Kevin to put on his website. Thought it would be helpful to others........didn't know that acknowledgment was needed.

RACKDOCTOR

Post by RACKDOCTOR » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:11 am

Freedom wrote:So guys, do you think there is an easy way, for instance by adding a resistor or two, to make the Korg give me a little bit lower speed? :?:

PS: i've already sent an email about that to Kevin (a month ago) but i don't expect to answer anytime soon...(if ever)...

How much slower did you need it to go?

David

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:30 am

RACKDOCTOR wrote:I copied the post and sent it to Kevin to put on his website. Thought it would be helpful to others........didn't know that acknowledgment was needed.
Did you write it mate? Did Kevin write it?

Yes its just an info on the internet...still, since you found it on the internet it should be fair to just give the link of the source (the post metro or tgp) and thats because neither of you wrote it...

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:32 am

RACKDOCTOR wrote: How much slower did you need it to go?

David
Down to 2...

RACKDOCTOR

Post by RACKDOCTOR » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Freedom wrote:
RACKDOCTOR wrote:I copied the post and sent it to Kevin to put on his website. Thought it would be helpful to others........didn't know that acknowledgment was needed.
Did you write it mate? Did Kevin write it?

Yes its just an info on the internet...still, since you found it on the internet it should be fair to just give the link of the source (the post metro or tgp) and thats because neither of you wrote it...
Does it really matter? The info on modding the pedal is from the instruction sheet that comes with the unit since he started making them. But if you feel so strongly about it, I will tell Kevin to credit you.

RACKDOCTOR

Post by RACKDOCTOR » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Freedom wrote:
RACKDOCTOR wrote: How much slower did you need it to go?

David
Down to 2...
I'll experiment and see if it is possible.

David

Freedom

Post by Freedom » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm

RACKDOCTOR wrote:But if you feel so strongly about it, I will tell Kevin to credit you.
David I dont need any credits...what i'd like (=honestly i don't demand anything) is just a link to either the TGP thread or this thread...
RACKDOCTOR wrote:Does it really matter? The info on modding the pedal is from the instruction sheet that comes with the unit since he started making them. But if you feel so strongly about it, I will tell Kevin to credit you.
Yes the schematics comes with the pedal...but he didnt post the schematics, did he? He posted something that he didn't spent any time on...when i find a piece of information on the internet and want to copy paste it to another place i always give the source link because it just seems right to me...

Crediting my name means nothing to me or to anyone else because i am nothing but a nickname for everyone...giving the source link (either TGP or Metroamp) means that a whole community(=the nest of the info) published a useful info that he honored by posting it in his site...cant explain it better...

Tell him i love his stuff, i ve got 5 of his pedals (Megavibe, Doubler, Killer wah, Gypsy Fuzz and the The Fuzz) although i live in the EU (so i gave an arm and a leg to buy his stuff second hand since i cant order them directly) and please tell him that it would be nice to answer some mails here and then...its a bit embarassing to wait for a reply (any reply) for almost 4 months...