The great Floyd Rose Big-Block Shootout.

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: The great Floyd Rose Big-Block Shootout.

Post by chrisom » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:12 pm

by bluesguy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 - I got one of those Brass Big-Blocks from Floyd Upgrades and while it was a huge tone inprovment, the block sits right up against the inside wall of the guitars trem cavity(a new USA production Charvel San Dimas) causing the Floyd to float off the body, instead of sitting flat against the body. Looks like I have to remove wood in the trem cavity to make clearance for the block, which I don't want to do. The block is the #37 type. I'm confused! :? Jbat667 or anyone, can you help with any suggestions?
Bump-'in this old thread, because I have the same situation with my KnE/Warmoth super-strat. It plays and sounds great, but I would like to get that bridge-plate all the way DOWN onto the body- Instead of resting a bit above it because the thicker block is contacting the body inside the routing under the Floyd Rose tremolo.

Anyone have to do this yet? :?

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by AJW » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 pm

I have both a Warmoth Super-Strat and a Super-JazzMaster :lol:. Both have FU brass blocks with no issue. One is a flush mount, and the other is recessed. I think they are both 37mm L shaped blocks.

Megaro

Post by Megaro » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:27 pm

I have one all Titanium Floyd and two 1984 Floyd with the Big blocks and then one of those super big blocks that cover more of the cavity. The Titanium package and block is definitely lighter. I switched them around in various 80s shred guitars. Also mixed and matched saddles and blocks. Overall, they have an effect on the tone, but it really depends on your rig and what you personally consider an improvement. Not everyone is going to notice it. The changes are real -- but subtle. If you are tight on cash and are looking to boost up your tone, put the money in an EQ pedal. If you like to tinker and have some free cash, give them a try. The brass block adds some heft and kind of has a feel to it that you tightened the springs a little. So it is more than just tone. They both change the setup feel just a wee bit. I liked the brass big block in one of my guitars but not one of my others. Too many variables with guitars to say the effects are 100% across the board tone enhancers.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes. But the net can be an evil place for a guitarist who is having trouble paying the bills because there is always a new this or that to be bought with some pretty persuasive testimonials. If you like your tone now the way it is, don't sweat these upgrades. Although the stainless block inserts and big screw thingees are very nice. That is a real design enhancement, IMO. I have ordered from both Floyd Rose and FU. FU gets my vote for customer service. They are good people. Floyd Rose website would not answer my emails when I had a problem with a titanium saddle insert.

Oh yeah. Do not lose a titanium insert and try to find a replacement from Floyd Rose for just one saddle. Ask me how I know .... The cylindrical titanium saddle inserts do not center up the lighter gauge strings during setup as well as the old style blocks. It will work, you just have to futz with them a little more. I did not find the all titanium setup to be a tone pleaser in my guitar, but it had a nice light, positive tactile feel.

My experience is that these changes neither fall into the category of it is all BS nor do they fall into the category of a must have expenditure for any locking trem user.

uiovbged332

Post by uiovbged332 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:23 pm

Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Pandora Charms
Pandora Charms
Nike Shoes For Women
Jordan 1 Dior
Pandora Jewelry
Jordan Retro 1
Moncler Coat
Pandora
Triple S Balenciaga
Nike Outlet Store Online Shopping
Pandora Outlet
Air Max 270 Men
Adidas Canada
Womens Basketball Shoes
Pandora Jewelry Website
Nike Sneakers Men
Adidas Shoes
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Pandora Store
Air Jordan 1 Retro
Pandora Jewelry
Women Nike Shoes
Puma Shoes
Yeezy Shoes
Pandora Store
Cheap Jordan Shoes
Cheap Mens Adidas Shoes
Nike Outlet Canada
Asics Outlet
Moncler Jacket For Women
Adidas Shoes
NMD
Pandora Charms Outlet
Pandora Charms
Nike Store
Pandora Rings
Jordan 1 Low
Jordan 1 Low
Pandora Charms
Asics Shoes Outlet
Pandora
New Nike Shoes
Nike Store
Asics Outlet
Pandora Outlet
Adidas Shoes For Women
Shoes Nike
Pandora Jewelry
Yeezys
Adidas Shoes
Adidas Website
Balenciaga Sale
Ferragamo Belt
Nike Outlet
Balenciaga
Nike Shoes
Outlet Moncler
Nike Shoes Canada
Moncler Sale
Pandora Charms
Balenciaga
Air Jordan 1
Pandora Charms
Pandora Charms
Ferragamo Shoes
Goyard Outlet
Nike Shoes Women
Nike Factory
Nike Canada
Pandora Jewelry
Jordan 1s
Pandora Charms
Pandora Bracelets
Moncler Jackets
Pandora
Nike Canada
Pandora
Asics Kayano
Nike Men's Shoes
Balenciaga
Adidas Running Shoes
Asics Running Shoes Women
Moncler Outlet
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Moncler Outlet
Wholesale Jordan Shoes
Pandora Charms
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora Charms
Nike Snkrs Canada
Yeezy
Goyard Handbag
Pandora Charms
Pandora Outlet
Pandora Jewelry
Jordan 1 Retro
Balenciaga Outlet
Nike Canada
Nike Men Shoes
Cheap Moncler
Adidas Shoes
Moncler Outlet
Pandora Outlet
Balenciaga Shoes
Jordan One
Ferragamo
Pandora
Nike Canada Online
Pandora Rings Official Site
Nike Outlet
Nike Sneakers For Women
Pandora Charms
Wholesale Jordan Shoes From China
Nike Running Shoes
Yeezy Boost 350
Adidas Trainers
Pandora Jewelry
Nike Air Jordan 1
Nike Outlet Online
Nike
Salvatore Ferragamo
Mens Adidas Shoes
Pandora Outlet
Air Jordans 1
Nike Store
Wholesale Cheap Jordans
Adidas Outlet
Air Jordan 1 High
Adidas Sneakers Men
Pandora Outlet
Pandora Bracelets
Pandora Charms
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora Charms
Asics Sneakers
Adidas Clearance Sale
Asics Shoes
Jordan 1
Ferragamo
Pandora Charms
Pandora Jewelry

AJW

Post by AJW » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:00 pm

Anyone try the Sophia Global Tuner Pro block upgrade for Floyd Rose? I have 2 strat builds with them, and to me it is an amazing invention. Once I lock the nut and fine tune to pitch I rarely touch the fine tuners again. If the tuning gets off I adjust the spring tension in back using the adjustment wheel which brings it right back in tune. I usually play till I change strings without unlocking the nut ever. I mentioned in this thread that I used the big brass blocks, but not anymore. I will always use these as long as they are available.