Show Your Pedalboard

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Steve Mavronis
Just the numbers in order: 7

Show Your Pedalboard

Post by Steve Mavronis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Figured this might be a fun thread. Let's see your pedalboards!

I'll start us out with my first ever and very modest Pedaltrain Mini rig of just 5 pedals that I only use for home guitar practice:

The Pedaltrain Mini box said exclusive Guitar Center platinum edition. Until opening it as a surprise gift on Christmas I had no idea they even made a bare metal aluminum version and was totally expecting it to be black! But I'm really digging it even more because visually this edition has a nice contrast after putting velcro and my pedals on it. It's unique looking because I haven't seen this unpainted version in the newer low profile Pedaltrain Mini anywhere else. I completed it 2 weeks ago with the final 2 pedals on the left end and added some 3/4" nylon tie mounts inside the bottom framework to tidy up the Visual Sound 1Spot power cables. I don't have any power hum issues with this setup and plus current isolated output power supplies won't fit under a PT Mini without modding the aluminum framework and raising the rubber feet to makeup the space required.
Pedaltrain Mini: Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Neo-Classic 3080 Compressor and 741 Overdrive, MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, Boss RC-3 Loop Station

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Show Your Pedalboard

Post by JimiJames » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 am

Steve Mavronis wrote:....current isolated output power supplies won't fit under a PT Mini without modding the aluminum framework and raising the rubber feet to makeup the space required.
2"x ½" pipe back leg extentions with longer screws of same thread type. :idea:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

908ssp

Post by 908ssp » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 am

Where are the pictures? :what:

Whats with this 722 pixels wide crap. I down size all my pictures to 800 if that's not good enough...oh well.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245 ... 012348.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve Mavronis

Post by Steve Mavronis » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 am

908ssp wrote:Where are the pictures? :what: Whats with this 722 pixels wide crap. I down size all my pictures to 800 if that's not good enough...oh well. http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245 ... 012348.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice board. I love all those polished aluminum ones. Are they DIY?

Yeah this is the only forum I'm on that restricts the image size to around 720 wide. Most do up to 1024 wide or at least 800. I had to resize that photo to work here but not that big of a deal really. I know sometimes larger image sizes can mess up the alignment of the forum thrreads. I think there is a way to still link larger images and specify with code syntax a smaller size to conform with the forum. To bad forums don't auto-size to fit.
Pedaltrain Mini: Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, Neo-Classic 3080 Compressor and 741 Overdrive, MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay, Boss RC-3 Loop Station

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Posting Pic's

Post by JimiJames » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:58 pm

There was an issue of space with the old server and posting multiple oversized pic's took up huge amounts of space, thus the limitations. This forum is running on the new server now. Maybe a PM to Admin will help ?
There is a way around this...
As an alternative for now and understand it's kind of hassle to some but, there are free Picture & Movie host's that specifically use forum codes for posting thumbnails in various sizes for this exact application. The thumbnail "re-directs you to the Oversized HD pic for further close scrutiny. ( Free site's also have limitations on uploading limiting dpi quality as well.)
Multiple Thumbnails are in an orderly fashion and are easy to distinguish from what each pic represents.
It's fairly easy though: sign up - upload - name it - cut&patse BB code - post it. I use ImageBam & VideoBam. Others use PhotoBucket...

Steve Mavronis

Post by Steve Mavronis » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Why does the forum have to store any pictures? All of mine are linked from my external webspace sites using the Img tag and not "uploaded" here.

908ssp

Post by 908ssp » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 am

Steve Mavronis wrote:Why does the forum have to store any pictures? All of mine are linked from my external webspace sites using the Img tag and not "uploaded" here.

So are mine at 800 pixels.

gibsonguitar1988

Post by gibsonguitar1988 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 am

Hello everyone - I'm new here. :)

Here is my board for starters. As you see - pretty unique. I run clean Fender type amps and use pedals for all of the gain and since I do note-for-note covers and copy the tone from records I have lots of different flavors of gain to cover all of the music I need to cover. I prefer clean tube amps for live playing and to have the amp be the platform or foundation to build off of with effects pedals. It makes it easier to cover a lot of material and nail recorded tones. I use a '68 Super Reverb, Twin Reverb Reissue, and 65amps Ventura. Also have a '55 Tweed Deluxe but that's for home use and I do crank that - otherwise it's clean amp + dirtbox for me and always for live playing.

Chain: Guitar > BOSS TU-3 > Dunlop Joe Bonamassa Crybaby > Keeley C4 > MXR Script Phase 90 > Mike Skinner Klon Centaur clone > Analogman King Of Tone > Wampler Paisley Drive > Wampler Hot Wired > Catalinbread RAH > ProCo RAT 2 > ZVex Box Of Rock > Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe > BOSS SD-2 > Xotic RC Booster > Xotic EP Booster > MXR Carbon Copy > Amp