Marshall JMP 2203 100 watt stack and reverb pedals?

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Irön/Beast
Just the numbers in order: 7

Marshall JMP 2203 100 watt stack and reverb pedals?

Post by Irön/Beast » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 am

Hi i've mentioned in earlier posts that i use a Marshall JMp 2203 MKII 100 watt amp with 2 4x12 1982 cabinets( = G12H 30 watt speakers), and i sometimes uses a MXR Custom Badass 78´Distortion pedal.

Now i'am the kind of person who thinks, if i'am gonna use effekts it's not about being dependant upon them, just to improve certein aspects of the tone and not using over 10+ pedals'', so i rarely use the pedal unless i need more distortion than the amp gives.

Now comes the though. I love reverb, and i have looked at the Trex Roommate pedal.

I use Ernie Ball cables, and they last a long time, that's nice since i used to buy cable after cable that broke down due to bendings of the plastic, so i went for higher quality to save costs not having to buy more cables all the time..

Since this is a full stack, and a 100 watt amp which i can only use one input at the time(it's not a 2 channel amp i think since plexi amps has twice the amounts of inputs than mine has), how good will it take a reverb pedal like the Roommate?

I mostly uses the boost on my pedal for soloes, and will buy a boost pedal with a build in compressor in future, but other than that the signal is mostly ''clean'', but how will a pedal such as the roommate be able to sound plugged into either a pedalboard alongside my current pedal or something, will it sound bad when i crank the amp or anything?

I don't only play with overdriven sound, i like to have a warm clean sound as well so there is where the thought of a reverb pedal comes in, and also if the roommate will have issues if i use it with and without my other pedal and have the amp cranked?

Best Regards - Irön/Beäst