Motherload Elemental order

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

fretwizard
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Motherload Elemental order

Post by fretwizard » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 am

Hi guys

7 Months ago I ordered a 8Ohm Motherload Elemental unit, directly from Sequis here in UK.

I made the payment, and since they were waiting for parts they told me to wait.
Now I'm still waiting. :x Last time I heard from them (about 2 months ago) I asked to have a refund and they put me on hold again.

I wanted to sell my Ultimate Attenuator and get the Motherload, the price is about the same but it's passive, inductive/reactive and it has a correct impedance match (rather than the UA which I hear has a 32Ohm load), plus FX loop and the speaker simulator, volume footswitch ready, very sturdy overbuild componentry, rheostats rather than potentiometers etc..

What shall I do with these people? The company seems to be very well known. Does anybody know if they're used to have customers wait so much or if they're having problems? Even Andertons Music website... they sell the Motherload but they've been out of stock for ages now.

I'm probably being a fool in having so much patience. :bang:

R

fretwizard

Re: Motherload Elemental order

Post by fretwizard » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:12 pm

I phoned Sequis today. It looks like Rick Cawley forgot about my refund. He says he's gonna sort it out asap. (Very soft spoken, he must be an old man now, I didn't get mad at him).
He told me that the company that usually provides them with some of the parts they need had orders for several thousands of components for the olimpic games here in London. And since Sequis orders just a limited amount of those components (obviously they build the stuff to order), it's been set aside in favor of the bigger orders.

He told me David Gilmour wanted to buy an Elemental too but in the meantime he just lent him a prototype, which he doesn't want to sell.

I hope he's gonna remember the refund first, and then let me know when they're ready to build new units.

I'm gonna bump this thread in case someone else wants to know.

Cheers

R

Radiant_man

Post by Radiant_man » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

Hi,

Did you ever got your money back and/or a brand new Motherload?
I, my dumb ass, paid for one five month ago and I now having the same problem as you had/have.

/Lars

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Aren't they the folks that make the Richter? It is a fantastic attenuator.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.