Phaser suggestion

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

guitar007

Re: Phaser suggestion

Post by guitar007 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:50 pm

It adjusts the center of the sweep. You will get a lower or higher sweep depending on where it's set. Mark where i'ts set and experiment.
~guitar007

Mariocaster
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Mariocaster » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:17 am

Anybody have experience with the Providence Phase Force?

I have the Phase 90 EVH but sometimes I feel that when I turn it off I'm still hear the effect

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 pm

I think everyone should just buy a vintage...

...nevermind :what:

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Leotis wrote:I just got a '77 or '78 Block logo/Script back Phase 90 and to my ears it NAILS the early VH phase sound. I got it for less than the 1974 Handwired RI would've cost new. Granted, it's lacking the AC adaptability, LED, true bypass, etc...but it's built like a tank and sounds incredible. The subtlety is there, the note definition remains intact...I have NO complaints at all.

From what I understand, this is the exact same circuit as the original script logo. I think there was a feedback resistor or something added to the original stock circuit around this time, which usually results in a bit of a mid hump, but mine doesn't have it.
I have the same type, early block logo. got it off CL for $10, they said it didn't work or was cutting out. Switch was bad, now I like it better than any of the others I have had, sans a true script logo that this one sounds the same.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

Megaro

Post by Megaro » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:08 pm

I have tried a number of the phasers mentioned here. If you are struggling with getting the right amount of strength up or down from an MXR, I recommend the analogman Phase 90 re-issue with the little control on the outside. It is very versatile. I also have the Whirlwind, and it is really good too. The true bypass is nice. I think both of those are slightly better than my EVH signature phaser. I think results really depend upon your signal path and gear.

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Megaro wrote:I think results really depend upon your signal path and gear.
Yeah, I wish more people would realize that truth!
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.