FujiGen Gakki/Greco humbucker pickups

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

FujiGen Gakki/Greco humbucker pickups

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Anyone here have extensive knowledge of FujiGen Gakki/Greco humbucker pickups? I have a set I'm currently trying to sell which are from a 1989 Greco SG, with an open "O" in Greco which denotes the "Mint Collection Series". They have no embossing, no serial numbers, no ink stamps, regular braided single conductor leads, clear film on bottom of pups, no visible wax potting residue, and three holes for each bobbin. I guess it would be possible to have used whatever was lying around at the time like Gibson and Fender use to do. According to a Greco site, these are the pickups offered for the "Historic Collection Series" guitars such as my 89' Greco SG Historic Collection Series guitar:

1984 Greco Mint Collection models and pickups made by Fuji-Gen Gakki sample.
Pickup prices.
DRY 1982 20000 Yen
DOUBLE TRICK 18000 Yen
THE GROOVE 16000 Yen
SCREAMIN 14000 Yen

And here is the link to my auction featuring these pickups:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dry-82-Greco-Fu ... 2585e4f9de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the picture of the Greco SG (with some minor parts mods like pups, tuning keys, and TOM bridge):

jnew
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: FujiGen Gakki/Greco humbucker pickups

Post by jnew » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 am

Great question. I have an Orville LP from the FujiGen factory and can't identify, or even find a shit bit of info on the PU's. However, I've AB'd them with some Gibson Bursbuckers that a friend gave me and IMO, they stand up and hold their own excellent. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 pm

jnew wrote:Great question. I have an Orville LP from the FujiGen factory and can't identify, or even find a shit bit of info on the PU's. However, I've AB'd them with some Gibson Bursbuckers that a friend gave me and IMO, they stand up and hold their own excellent. 8)
I believe they are "Dry 82" pickups now after researching further.

fhn_lopes

Post by fhn_lopes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 am

A friend here in brazil had a EG900 from 1978... That particular guitar came with OEM Dimarzios (probably made specially for those guitars as there was no model on it). The pups sounds very close to a vintage paf, probably alnico II or V and 8k ish AWG42 wire... What I also read is that EG900 guitars and above models came with dimarzio pups and the cheaper models came with greco made pups.

Don't know shit about greco made pups... Actually, it is hard to even collect information from the guitars, as the serial numbers back then were very confusing. :what:
76' JMP 50w w/ 71' metro board
93' Fernandes SSS strat
93' Fender Japan HSS Strat
4x12 w/ 2x 25w rola creambacks /2x 25w m75 Scumbacks