Ibanez (hikizume) picks

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Omn
Just the numbers in order: 7

Ibanez (hikizume) picks

Post by Omn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Anyone knows where I can find them old Ibanez (hikizume) plectrums?

I my collection of picks I found some old 1.0 mm white pearl Paul Gilbert picks that was like finding an old friend. Even if they are almost rounded they feel great. But they seems to wear out pretty quick.
Way down there I found one blue (in "flake-lakk", Norwegian for flake-lacquer if that has any meaning in English) 1000 Heavy Ibanez (hikizume). Incredible pick! I would love a ton of them... Unable to find them around the net.

Or; is there anybody out there that can point me towards newer, available picks that resemble them hikizumes?

Thanks!

Omn

Re: Ibanez (hikizume) picks

Post by Omn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:41 pm

I´ll try out some V-picks and see where I end up...

Cheers!

erikm5150

Post by erikm5150 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 am

I don't know exactly which type of picks you are referring to (ibanez hikizume??), but I also love those old Ibanez Paul Gilbert and Steve vai picks. I used to buy em but it got too pricey, so i had to look for an alternative...
I found it in the Steve Clayton Acetal -- http://www.steveclayton.com/acetal.php -- the gauge would be up to your preference. But this pick might work for you too.

Omn

Post by Omn » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Thank you, Erik!
I will check them out.

Tried different picks from Ibanez and others... Found some that I really liked; from V-Picks and Chicken Picks.
My search was, still is :-) for something like this one http://people.accordo.it/article.do?id=63518
Same material but I would like the "standard" shape (strangely enough; my picks of choice from V-Picks and Chicken Picks are not in any way standard - so I am not too picky, pun intended).
Anyway, and again; thank you!

Cheers!