WooHoo! a new forum

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

WooHoo! a new forum

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:25 am

Hey guys, how about some talk about those nasty little gremlins that live in between guitar cables?

I have a wah, a tuner, a time machine boost and a Klon Centaur. I also sometimes sub a custom boost pedal that Dosman made for me (thanks Dana) in place of the TMB.

I also have a power supply, a talk box driver and a loop switcher on my board. What's everyone else stepping on?

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

bluefuzzguitar

Post by bluefuzzguitar » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:14 am

I use a Roger Mayer Concorde + (treble booster), Chicago Iron Octavian (Tycobrahe octavia replica), Prescription Electronics Vibe Unit (univibe), J. Everman Fuzz Drive Deluxe, 80's Audio Crest/Dave Fox reissue silicon fuzz face, Menatone Red Snapper (overdrive/clean boost) and an original 70s MXR Phase 90. I also own and sometimes use a Maxon Stereo Box and a Dallas-Arbiter/Sound City Fuzz Wah Face.

Mike
There's no tone like your own

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:03 am

I stomp on a Snarling Dogs Super Bawl Whine-O Wah (with the big chrome foot, looks so white trash you gotta have it even if the sound sucked!!) but I'm kinda in the mood for just the plain old Vox wah lately.
Overdrives are a VooDoo Labs Sparkle Drive, a Fulltone FatBoost, or an original issue Marshall BluesBreaker.
Other toys are a Danelectro Echo, a H & K Tube Rotosphere (the early one where the speeds aren't adjustable, if ANYONE knows how to mod this for adjustable speed or what resistors to change, etc. LET ME KNOW) and a couple of homemade A/B switches.
I need a looper to knock the crap outta the signal chain when not in use.

SpeedMetal

Post by SpeedMetal » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:00 am

I use a Boss OD-3 Overdrive set really low just for a little boost. That's it. The rest is all from the rack (all 12 spaces).....oh my aching back!!!!

Scott
Shred 'til yer Dead

Marshalls-Beer-USA Jacksons-Beer-Marshalls

Looking for a double-bass fool for a drummer...

rjgtr

Post by rjgtr » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:57 am

Gee - About the only thing in front is a Vox McCoy RI Wah (with a changed pot).

I use a Rivera to gig with so I have it's footswitch. The only other thing I have is a TC Electronics GMajor in the loop for chorus/flange and reverb, which is controlled by a (GASP!) MIDI pedalboard. I just got tired of dancing to turn the right stuff on and off... Plus it lets me travel pretty light.

But a guitar, cable and Marshall 50 half stack is still my favorite weapon...
Richard Johnson

Playing an instrument doesn't make you a Musician ... Listening does...

johniss0001
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by johniss0001 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:27 pm

Hey guys what a lot of nice pedals and toys you have!!!

My list of pedals is quite simple.
1) late 60's -70's wem copicat which I only use for shadows material
2) Tech 21 double drive stomp box which is my marshall plexi substitute sound at the moment and is built like a tank.
3) An old Boss HM2 Heavy metal pedal which has a vintage edge to it.
4) Quite an old Jim Dunlop GCB95 wah wah pedal.
5) A home made fuzz pedal which was the same circuit that Jimi Hendrix used.

I don't use these much except the tech 21 that I use everyday in my transistor amplifier until I get one of George's kits then I won't use any pedals except a wah wah maybe :lol:
John Ross

Respect the FATHER OF LOUD Jim Marshall

Hassan Chop

Post by Hassan Chop » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 pm

I go from guitar to Boss tuner pedal, then to an old Morley stereo volume/pan pedal. (It has to be plugged in to 120V.) I set the tuner pedal to cut the guitar's signal while tuning.

One side of the Morley goes to my clean rig, a Carvin X100B. I have no pedals for this "clean channel" yet. In the future I'll probably obtain one of those Rockman or Boss "acoustic simulator" type pedals, a chorus and maybe a graphic EQ pedal.

The other side of the Morley goes to a Marshall 1959SLP re-issue. For my heavy rhythm sound, I use an Ibanez TS-808 re-issue set as a clean boost. For solo tones, I take that signal through either a Boss OD-2, set as a clean boost, or a Time Machine Boost. I may or may not get an EQ pedal for this "dirty channel" as well.

I also have thought about procuring a noise gate for the "dirty channel," but probably will neglect to, since I can "switch to the clean channel" if I'm getting microphonic feedback while tacit. (I'm not worried about harmonic feedback, it's like a smile from a pretty girl: one of life's little extras.)
I knew we should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

Country Boy Shane

Post by Country Boy Shane » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:12 pm

-VoxWah
-Hughes & Ketter Tube Factor
I switch this around with a Fulltone Fat Boost pedal sometimes

Wow that was a lot. Don't forget to use Live Wire cable!!! Cheap-ass goodness.
Just Feel it MAN! -Shane Gorski "Country Boy Shane"

www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski

Kendall915

Post by Kendall915 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:19 pm

Crybaby Wah, Boss Blues Driver...

Sometimes I mess around with a Boss Digi Delay.

edwardz

Post by edwardz » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Teese RMC Wizard wah, Boss TU-2 tuner, Keeley-modded Boss Blues Driver and/or RGW Bad Bob Boost, Maxon AD-9 analog delay, and an Option 5 Destination Rotation..

Researching the Monster Effects Swamp Thang trem..

Okay, I broke down and bought the SwampThang. Nice trem!
Last edited by edwardz on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flemingmras
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by flemingmras » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:50 am

Mine...very simple:

Peterson VS-2 Digital Strobe Tuner

Vox V847 Wah Reissue: However, when playing through cranked Marshall clones(especially ones that go to 11 like mine) I HIGHLY recommend opening them up and dialing the pot back some as the high side of the pot travel can get WAY overbearing

Boss Super Octave: WAY cool for playing Bad Company's "Rock N Roll Fantasy"

Line 6(ughh) MM1 Modulation Modeler: Used mostly for chorus. However, I'm about to shitcan it since I'd like a tremolo pedal and the trem effect on this thing has a stupid volume sensing circuit that disables the trem when you pick hard

Marshall/Metro Power Brake: However, I installed the "Lynch" mod myself(George Metropoulos pioneered the Power Brake mod...George Lynch...Lynch Mob...etc...etc 8) :lol: )

Dunlop/Heil Reissue Talk Box: I'm about to sell this thing and build my own with an EV horn driver since I love the tone of George's(his is WAY throatier than mine, but that could also mean that he "Deepthroats" his)

1973 Marshall Straight Cab: Recovered with salt n pepper basketweave grillecloth and new tolex, loaded with the original Celestion G12H-30 Greenbacks w/bass cones

Mojo Marshall Slant Basketweave Clone Cab: Loaded with Celestion G12H-30 Reissues, built by Mojo. You can order these straight from George himself!

Metro/Fleming/Marshall Super Lead Clone: These bad boyz go to 11!

I use 3 Gibson Les Pauls, all identical except for the finishes, and Nady XR-61 Wireless

Jon
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

McGoogle McDougal

pedals!

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:18 am

These days I'm running a Vox Clyde McCoy wah (one of the new ones) then a FoxRox Captain Coconut (clones of fuzzface, octavia, and univibe all in one unit), into a Maxon CP101 Compressor (just for leads with my Rickenbacker 12 string - gets that "Eight Miles High" tone), then a Maxon AD80 Analog Delay (I've retired my Roland RE-101 Space Echo from live use).

Quite often if I'm not using the 12 string I'll just plug into the Captain Coconut and the AD80 delay... nice and simple but still a lot of variety of tones.

I still think the most overlooked "effect" by many guitarists are the controls on your guitar. There's a lot of tone variation available there too!

Eamon

Country Boy Shane

Re: pedals!

Post by Country Boy Shane » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:13 am

McGoogle McDougal wrote: I still think the most overlooked "effect" by many guitarists are the controls on your guitar. There's a lot of tone variation available there too!

Eamon
NEWS FLASH TO ALL MODERN GUITARISTS!
Just Feel it MAN! -Shane Gorski "Country Boy Shane"

www.flickr.com/photos/shanegorski

lesdeluxe

Post by lesdeluxe » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:36 pm

Since procuring my '71 Super Lead Tremolo I go straight into the dash with my strat or LP. I can't seem to get enough of that Marshall tone, baby. My poor old '68 deluxe reverb is very lonely! One day I'll get an A/B box so I can switch between them at will, Ah HA HA HA HA!
Bill Arduino

"Look at the sky turn a hell fire red....."

dosmun

Post by dosmun » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:08 am

A couple of my boards :roll: