Ebay Warning!!!!

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

kefestvog

Ebay Warning!!!!

Post by kefestvog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:27 pm

I don't know if this is allowed in the rules so I'll keep just to the facts and not tell you what I think of this guy. BEWARE of the Ebay tube seller Electronics2265. I see this guy sell tons of tubes on there but he took me. It's been 4 months since he cashed my check and still no tubes. He's been nice enough to talk to me on the phone and respond to about 2 dozen emails and to tell me he's going to take care of things but, 4 MONTHS!!! Most people who want to rip you off won't respond which is why I hung around. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get anything anymore and Ebay told me to shove it since I waited until after 60 to talk to them. I was trying to work it out. I can't even give feedback so this is all I can do and let my fellow forumites know to be careful. Thanks.

ToneBone

Post by ToneBone » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:31 pm

Sounds like the same guy I had some lousy dealings with in the past. He keeps changing his user name but he used to be lotsoftubes, vintagevalvesetc, now this new name. His name Eliutrio or something from Michigan. Biggest songs and dance man I've ever delt with.

JD

Post by JD » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks for the warning and no disrespect intended (I am in absolutely no way affiliated), but this feedback rating doesn't look like that of a con artist:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback

Hope you somehow get it worked out with the seller.

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow, very interesting, I bought one tube from vintagevalves (iirc) from Gaylord Mi, and it took forever to get the tube. Got the song and dance about somebody being in the hospital, etc.
Was a Mule 12ax7, and was the only tube I've gotten off the bay that was basically a dud. It worked, but was weak as hell.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

kefestvog

I know, right!?!?

Post by kefestvog » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:57 pm

I know, right!?!?! I just don't understand the feedback thing either. The only thing I can figure is most guys who want to rip you off won't respond to emails and stuff. Maybe the others were like me and were strung along long enough to not be able to post feedback. I don't know. There is a string of posts at one of the vintage valves sites where somebody suggested he's a guy who was already thrown off Ebay (ellutio??) I don't know know about that. All I know is unless something was to change drastically- he stiffed me. So I'm out a pair of Syl Fat Boy GZ34s and a quad of Sylvania 5881s.

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 am

Well, hopefully he'll eventually come through.
Is this guy from Gaylord Michigan?
Can't imagine with his rating he'd completely stiff you, maybe he's just trying to gather the tubes he sold that he didn't actually have in hand, I dunno.
Keep after him! :wink:
Hope you get what you paid for.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

TubeGetter

Post by TubeGetter » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:06 am

Call the Gaylord Police Department and also let him know you're calling them. File a report that he's stolen your money, and let them know you can prove it. They may even go to his house and arrest him.

Gaylord Police Department
225 W Main St
Gaylord, Michigan 49735
(989)732-1777

chubs

Post by chubs » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:42 am

BTW I always check this tool before buying from the big shots on fleabay...

http://www.toolhaus.org

Here are the results from your friend.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?se ... eceived+by

harddriver

Post by harddriver » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Yeah I bought some preamp tubes form the guy and he kept saying his wife was in the hospital and that may very well have been. He did send them finally but it was like almost a month.

I have some sick family members so I cut him some slack. I haven't used the tubes yet so they could be bad.

ToneBone

Post by ToneBone » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:56 pm

harddriver wrote:Yeah I bought some preamp tubes form the guy and he kept saying his wife was in the hospital and that may very well have been. He did send them finally but it was like almost a month.

I have some sick family members so I cut him some slack. I haven't used the tubes yet so they could be bad.
He's been using that same excuse for years. I caught him in a multitude of lies so I have no doubt that this is one too. Very dishonest person. :evil:

Rhammer19

Post by Rhammer19 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:26 pm

Buy one of his cheapest items , Then give the feedback he deserves.

Rhammer19

Post by Rhammer19 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 am

Bummer , I just checked his listings on ebay. He has no cheap items.

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Its really your duty to leave bad feedback but it sucks that there is absolutely no recourse from removing the unjust revenge negative from your feedback. Ebay doesnt care. Even if the evidence is clearly there for anyone to see. Like that you only accept paypal and the person never sent a payment! Even your MyEbay page shows you if they sent a payment so ebay knows. They dont care about resolving things its too much of an expense.

If you wait a good 90 days then leave a NFB you reduce your risk of retaliatory NFB since the person may not see with lots of transactions since then but AFAIK you cant snipe NFB because the amount of days for you to leave FB is random (even though they say 90 it can be longer) and I believe it gets extended after you leave feedback for someone so they have time to reply.

TubeGetter

Post by TubeGetter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 pm

Check this out....in May, Ebay is changing the rules on FB. Sellers can ONLY leave positive FB, they can't leave negatives. So now people can openly give sellers what they deserve if they suck.

thousandshirts

Post by thousandshirts » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:00 pm

TubeGetter wrote:Check this out....in May, Ebay is changing the rules on FB. Sellers can ONLY leave positive FB, they can't leave negatives. So now people can openly give sellers what they deserve if they suck.
Really?

That's WICKED.

The only (just 1) negative feedback I have is from a company that sold me wood described as "quartersawn." Put simply, close to 90 degree vertical endgrain. I enjoy building acoustic guitars in spare time as well, and this quarter cut wood is generally (there are a few exceptions) much more stable than wood with slanted or curved endgrain. Long story short, the wood was nowhere close to what they had advertised, and I sent it back. They didn't want to take it back, but I talked to eBay, and eBay forced them to accept a return and issue a refund, on the basis that their listing was misleading. Whether it was deliberately misleading or not, I doubt; it seemed to me more likely just an oversight. But regardless of the circumstances, these individuals left me a -1. This is back in '03 or '04 or something.

This rule is definitely a good thing. Obviously I can see situations where there are possible drawbacks in certain ways, but the benefits greatly outweigh the disadvantages. Rally-ho.

Will