13 Celestion Guitar Speakers Comparison - Shoot Out

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: 13 Celestion Guitar Speakers Comparison - Shoot Out

Post by demonufo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:23 pm

I think the G12-80's and particularly the G12-65's sound radically out of character. They are not speakers that deliver at low volumes at all. The response curve changes massively with added power. They are just too stiff for low voltages to be able to move them to the point where they begin to sing.

As for recorded tones, the only stuff I have is on an EP. Can't be arsed to set stuff up around the house. Dozens of mics, but no preamps/desk. The only time I actually get to play, is at either gigs or rehearsal studios. I just get shouted at around here. :lol:
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

JohanSegeborn
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: 13 Celestion Guitar Speakers Comparison - Shoot Out

Post by JohanSegeborn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi demonufo, You're quite right about the 65. They really need a push..

Cheers!
Johan
demonufo wrote:I think the G12-80's and particularly the G12-65's sound radically out of character. They are not speakers that deliver at low volumes at all. The response curve changes massively with added power. They are just too stiff for low voltages to be able to move them to the point where they begin to sing.

As for recorded tones, the only stuff I have is on an EP. Can't be arsed to set stuff up around the house. Dozens of mics, but no preamps/desk. The only time I actually get to play, is at either gigs or rehearsal studios. I just get shouted at around here. :lol: