Wacky Idea? Enclosed Recess in wall - built to fit 4x12 Cab

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:35 pm

Necrovore wrote:Hey make sure you caulk that MDF really well, and also paint it up rally nice. You get MDF wet or chip it and thats it its over. It will start to fall apart after that.
I changed my mind, and decided to make the inner MDF cab mobile and totally self contained, even though it's going to go into a recess, with an outer door. (If I ever sell my house, I want to able to keep this bad boy.)

I'm going to make the edges of the 5 sided inner mdf box to interlock with a dovetail joint, or some other type of locking joint, and glue and screw it.
I have a friend down in Naples who has an Amp shop. I'm going to ask him for some pointers. He restores old Fenders and cuts all the wood from scratch. He even made a Dove Tailed pedal box that looks so sweet.
I'll put it on casters to keep it off the ground to protect it from any possible water damage. I'll probably paint it black, and/or put some type of sealant/protectant on the outside.

sub

Post by sub » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:25 pm

Country Boy Shane wrote:More reason to live in the country where the neighbors are always 500ft away from your house.
...or live in by the heavy traffic bridge like me :D
my neighbors barely hear me :D :D 8)

Sub
GibsonMarshallCelestion