Wire

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

sixstringesq
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Wire

Post by sixstringesq » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Long time lerker, first time poster. I'm planning on building a JTM45 combo, so I'm sure i will be seeking all your knowledge a lot more. I hope to learn a lot and eventually be able to offer my own advice and add to this amazing forum.

Let's start off easy.

What is the black and red wire that I see in Marshall combos/cabinets to connect the speakers? Anything special about it? Is it recommended or is there something better? Where can I purchase this fine looking wire?

Thanks!

neikeel

Re: Wire

Post by neikeel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:23 am

sixstringesq wrote:Long time lerker, first time poster. I'm planning on building a JTM45 combo, so I'm sure i will be seeking all your knowledge a lot more. I hope to learn a lot and eventually be able to offer my own advice and add to this amazing forum.

Let's start off easy.

What is the black and red wire that I see in Marshall combos/cabinets to connect the speakers? Anything special about it? Is it recommended or is there something better? Where can I purchase this fine looking wire?

Thanks!
http://valvestorm.com/Products/Wire

Scroll down
I would use the 18AWG
Nice even twists, series/parallel for me!
Neil

sixstringesq

Post by sixstringesq » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:53 pm

neikeel wrote:
sixstringesq wrote:Long time lerker, first time poster. I'm planning on building a JTM45 combo, so I'm sure i will be seeking all your knowledge a lot more. I hope to learn a lot and eventually be able to offer my own advice and add to this amazing forum.

Let's start off easy.

Thanks!
http://valvestorm.com/Products/Wire

Scroll down
I would use the 18AWG
Nice even twists, series/parallel for me!
Thanks neikeel! The infamous valvestorm it is.

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Welcome aboard...we'll get you past speaker wire to building an amp in no time!!!

Where are you located?
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.