s&p grill cloth

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

T.Gov
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: s&p grill cloth

Post by T.Gov » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:13 pm

I ordered the first stuff at the beginning of all this from Mojotone and it was the same tan as everyone else has,the guy actually gave me a refund,which I thought was really nice of him! But I have seen pictures of some from them as recent as a couple years ago that was the cloth kind,so I guess that well has just recently dried up!

T.Gov

Post by T.Gov » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh yeah,does the black & white sample you have look like the original,except for it being plastic? Do you mind if I ask who's samples you have and is it somewhere that sells small quantaties?

T.Gov

Post by T.Gov » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Baron,you have been a tremendous help to me,for that I am truly grateful! I hope I didn't over step myself! Just sayin. :)

BaronGreenback
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by BaronGreenback » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:31 am

The samples Ive got are from Somic in the UK, but they are just as expensive as everywhere else if you buy small quantities. Plus their customer service sucks in my opinion, they only want to deal with large orders and businesses, not the little guys. You can find the chinese factory on alibaba.com :wink: I think they are called jinjui or something like that and are a lot cheaper than buying from retailers.

I got my white/black from ebay a couple of years ago. I got lucky and saw a guy selling a whole roll of it, about 50 metres or so. It wasnt the best listing in the world, and no mention of it being the rare white and black so I got a bit of a bargain with it, but have none left now apart from small offcuts.

It is all made from rolled paper yarns, not plastic. If you look closely you can unravel the individual threads. Same with the vintage stuff from the 60's. The only difference is the vintage basketweave is denser, with less gaps between the weave. You will see a big difference when you hold them up to the light, or try to install them on a baffle.

T.Gov

Post by T.Gov » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

I'm going to order a sample of Tube Town black & white in a couple weeks.I've never ordered from outside the U.S.,I'm not sure how it work's w/ the shipping and other fee's there may be,guess I'll find out!I did run across Alibaba in my searches a while back,I'm going to look them up again.Thank's!

T.Gov

Post by T.Gov » Wed May 13, 2015 11:08 am

Been a while but the long search is over for this damn grill cloth that has been eluding me for half a year now! :rock: Tube Town,in Germany has salt & pepper grill cloth that IS black & brilliant white not tan! They call it Tube Town-black and white.I just got the samples today.They also have a wheat basket weave I saw on a boutique builders cabs,that is also hard to find,I am doing some brown tolex cabs that will look sweet with that stuff on.I'll post some pic's soon.

T.Gov

Post by T.Gov » Fri May 15, 2015 10:15 am

Image :rock: