Preferred Headshell, and Chassis type

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

rockdude1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Preferred Headshell, and Chassis type

Post by rockdude1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:27 am

Hi Everyone :). Hope this is the right place to ask as it pertains to chassis too. I'm starting a new small amp company. And I'm kind of stuck on some thing I'd like to use such as the Headshells, and Chassis type. I'm interested in your thoughts, and opinion on what kind of chassis amp lovers prefer such as aluminum, metal, and what kind of headshell cabinets buyers would like to see, or care about. I ask because it's a safe bet I use the same Cab builders many do. I'm on the fence about using metal, or aluminum chassis, and wanted to see which People prefer. In terms of headshells, I'm the type whom could care less in terms of what they look like, but there are some whom do. I'm wondering if it's ok to use a standard British Headshell with cool tolex, or would people like to see something different. My goal is to keep the amps within a very fair price point, and the only things I feel I can sacrifice is the headshell in terms of cutting corners to get cost down for the buyers. I know some people do not like aluminum chassis, and some people wish for headshells that aren't so standard. So why not ask guitarist what they like, and take out the guess work. I would like to use a metal chassis the price doesn't go up too much at all on the amps. But Headshells have gotten expensive, mind you it's the same wood all builders use, just interested if people would like a cab design that isn't so standard. Thanks for your time :).