Shipping a '12 speaker ?

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone Slinger

Shipping a '12 speaker ?

Post by Tone Slinger » Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Was wondering what the best way to do this is,like box size and cushioning/padding, etc ?
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

danman
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Shipping a '12 speaker ?

Post by danman » Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

I have several speakers that I would like to sell but the fear of shipping damage has always stopped me. I recently purchased a speaker from Ebay, and the seller had placed old vinyl records in the top and bottom of the box to protect the speaker from damage in case the box got crushed. Seems like a really good idea if you have a bunch of old records that you don't need anymore. He shipped the speaker in a USPS Priority Mail shipping box that was the perfect size for the 12" speaker.

BaronGreenback
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by BaronGreenback » Tue May 05, 2015 5:28 am

danman wrote:I have several speakers that I would like to sell but the fear of shipping damage has always stopped me. I recently purchased a speaker from Ebay, and the seller had placed old vinyl records in the top and bottom of the box to protect the speaker from damage in case the box got crushed. Seems like a really good idea if you have a bunch of old records that you don't need anymore. He shipped the speaker in a USPS Priority Mail shipping box that was the perfect size for the 12" speaker.
:lol: Unless there are two idiots like that in the world, I bought from the same guy a few months ago. Try this:

http://www.marshallforum.com/cabinets-s ... pping.html

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu May 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks for the tips guys :thumbsup:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)