Celestion Greenbacks sound

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Mats A

Celestion Greenbacks sound

Post by Mats A » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 pm

What is the differencies in sound between the Celestion G12H30W 55hz and 75Hz and the G12M 25W Greenbacks?

neikeel

Re: Celestion Greenbacks sound

Post by neikeel » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:03 pm

The G12H has a heavier magnet and breaks up later than the M speaker with medium magnet. It has better control over lower frequencies than the M75 which has higher resonant peak.

They are also 100dB speakers vs 97dB speakers, so louder per watt put int them, also have a higher power rating.

So bigger bolder and louder with less speaker break up.

Listen to some Youtube clips they are out there.
Neil

Mats A

Post by Mats A » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 am

Ok Thanks!
But i´ve lisyened to clips and it´s not that easy to hear from just that. Better hearing from someone who have played them and have experience with them. I got a marshall BX cab with 25W Celestion GBs in it. Maybe thinking of changing two of the speakers to G12H30W 75Hz since i likie them better than the 55Hz on the Celestion site. Seems the 75Hz got a bit more definition.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Mats A wrote:Ok Thanks!
But i´ve lisyened to clips and it´s not that easy to hear from just that. Better hearing from someone who have played them and have experience with them. I got a marshall BX cab with 25W Celestion GBs in it. Maybe thinking of changing two of the speakers to G12H30W 75Hz since i likie them better than the 55Hz on the Celestion site. Seems the 75Hz got a bit more definition.
The sensitivities are different. You may find the G12Hs are louder and drown out the G12Ms, but maybe you will find a nice combination?
I like it when I crank a full stack (both of mine have an A cab with Ms and B cab with Hs and I can still hear both!) but I guess that the rest of the village can too so I have to use the attenuators!
Neil