Tayden speakers are great!

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Carbia
Just the numbers in order: 7

Tayden speakers are great!

Post by Carbia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 am

Hello guys!

I was looking for a light cabinet to gig with it and I get a light 2x12 and loaded it with Taydens High Brit, that are like G12M's but rated to 50w.
In that way I have a 100w cabinet to handle my '71 Super Lead (I never go further than 7 in the master volumen, so no risk of blowing them).

I've never tried Taydens before and as soon as I get the cabinet I want to test it with a friend that have four old Marshall cabinets (a '68 one and three from the seventies) with M's and H's inside.

We A/B the cabinets and the tone of the Taydens is VERY CLOSE to the old celestions, maybe a mix between M's and H's, but VERY NICE british tone.

The cabinet can be opened and I tried it both ways and with an open cabinet sounds damn good! And becomes very 3D, not directional (that is a pain in the ass when your play without miking the amp through a PA.

Roe

Re: Tayden speakers are great!

Post by Roe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:54 am

nice to know - thanks for the info
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

Carbia

Re: Tayden speakers are great!

Post by Carbia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:31 am

It's a great alternative to Scumbacks here in Europe.

Scumbacks are great, but Taydens are very nice too and less than half the price.

If I'd live in the US I'd have a scumback loaded cabinet, but here... 220 euros each speaker is far more expensive than get a vintage 4x12 cabinet.