Cab Opinions / Experience?

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

revolver1
Just the numbers in order: 7

Cab Opinions / Experience?

Post by revolver1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:00 am

So heres the thing.... The plan is to run two amps at the same time. Run a Pete Cornish unity gain buffer (to retain un coloured line level) into a Framptone ABY splitter and send half to a 69/70 1987 set for crunch and the other half to a cleaner set Superbass, Superlead or 2203 depending on the mood. Attenuate a couple of clicks to make it a bit more reasonable volume wise.
A tube screamer for solos a fuzz and wah, bit of echo and I'm away.

Initially I had been kicking the idea about to get two bottom metro 4x12's wich is what I would have done in my early 20's with out batting an eyelid. Even though I'm in love with the 4x12, with age hopefully comes a bit of wisdom. I'm thinking humping 2, 4x12's about will be a royal pain but more than that not practical volume wise.

So I'm thinking a couple of 2x12's could be the ticket. I was thinking this would be a way off at the moment but had been thinking about Peterson cabs for the job.

Since then I've been trying to get the head shells together and I can't find anything authentic in the UK. Then I came across Stone Age wich I hadn't herd of before. The more I read the more I'm impressed.

I'm starting to wonder, if I have to suffer the cost of import I could pick up 2 cabs and ship two heads inside the cabs, do it all at the same time and be done with it.

This kinda brings the cab purchase further foward than expected and i hadn't really reasearched it that much. I don't want to jump the gun and make an expensive purchase I may regret.

Any opinions or experience would be greatly appreciated. :scratch: