Heritage G12M Issue????

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Koa-dogg

Heritage G12M Issue????

Post by Koa-dogg » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:31 am

Alright I heard all of the glowing reviews of the Heritage G12M so I picked up a pair. I loaded them into my HomeBrew 4X12 with two of the Speaker holes plugged up and I just am not that impressed. They break up nice but are not warm like a lot of the reviews that I've read. They are kind of Boxey sounding?. Anyone else have this experience? Did I get a pair of duds? Could the extra Volume in my 4X12 be doing something to the "warmness" and Bass frequencies? Someone please, What am I missing. I have not tasted a lot of speakers, but my Scumbags that I bought blow these away!

908ssp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by 908ssp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:30 am

Take the plugs out of the other two holes. Run the two speakers on the top holes leave the bottom two open. You now have a detuned cab. I tried this a while ago and was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded. The boxiness you're hearing might be the cab not the speaker and doing the detuned thing will change that. You get a bit of delayed sound out of the bottom holes makes the cab sound huge but a little remote like your hearing from far away. That could just be the delay.

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:09 am

Id really liek to try that myself when my cab comes in. Ive been doing it with a 2x12 and its interesting to say the least. For low voluimes I just put a single weber 30W in there and it does a decent job of letting me lessen the attenuation and still sound pretty thick at low volumes ont he speaker.

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:39 pm

wow,i found my g12m heritage greenbacks to be plenty warm..the only scumbag i have tried was the g12h30 clone,and i found that to be too warm.not enough definition and kind of muddy.im not sure,but i think he likes a darker sound.may be a better choice for you!

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:40 pm

908ssp wrote:Take the plugs out of the other two holes. Run the two speakers on the top holes leave the bottom two open. You now have a detuned cab. I tried this a while ago and was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded. The boxiness you're hearing might be the cab not the speaker and doing the detuned thing will change that. You get a bit of delayed sound out of the bottom holes makes the cab sound huge but a little remote like your hearing from far away. That could just be the delay.
cool idea!!