layout

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Coot Boy
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: layout

Post by Coot Boy » Sat May 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Where do you have the bass knob, I have mine all the way off otherwise flub city. That's running the bright volume at around 8, if I back the volume off I can add a LITTLE bass.
Just as an aside, through a 4x12 cab the bass is huge with the 45 amp but through a 4x10 it's just wonderful, and the 45 is really just a Bassman which came out with 4x10s. If you really want to soup that thing up, put a 50w OT in there, swap out the 270k mixers for 470 and NFB to 47k/8 and put in EL34s and up the filtering, now you'll actually have a little headroom, well you did say something about mods :lol:
As for the shug 66s, no one said they were the best, just that they sound good, never associated harsh with them but that's just me.

charles anthony
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: layout

Post by charles anthony » Sat May 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Coot Boy wrote:Where do you have the bass knob, I have mine all the way off otherwise flub city. That's running the bright volume at around 8, if I back the volume off I can add a LITTLE bass.
Just as an aside, through a 4x12 cab the bass is huge with the 45 amp but through a 4x10 it's just wonderful, and the 45 is really just a Bassman which came out with 4x10s. If you really want to soup that thing up, put a 50w OT in there, swap out the 270k mixers for 470 and NFB to 47k/8 and put in EL34s and up the filtering, now you'll actually have a little headroom, well you did say something about mods :lol:
As for the shug 66s, no one said they were the best, just that they sound good, never associated harsh with them but that's just me.
My cab selection is a little limited. Two peavy 4x12's w celestion g12k-85, probably why such heavy bass... I always run bass no more than maybe 3. I would love to heat the solder gun, but have so many other amp heads that are better suited for crunch. My first Traynor yba-1 floored me with gain and its bone stock. Mojave coyote has great cleans and slight crunch, but 45 is just awesome in such a charming and unique way and actually has decent headroom and beautiful cleans. Too many amps need some more speaker options..... and money!