Cant get it to turn on!

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

dkoch
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Cant get it to turn on!

Post by dkoch » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Hi Ya'll! Its been a FEW years......

I bought this kit MANY years ago... if I had to guess, I'd say 2005 or so, I dunno. But it was the full JTM 45 build with upgraded caps and such. I think- I dunno!

Anyway, worked fine for years. Then one day a couple years ago, I turned it on and NOTHING. I got out of playing, and just let it slide.

Now Ima wanting to get it back up and running. Near as I can remember, I NEVER had a problems, and now its completely DOA. No pilot light, no sound, nada.

I know next to nothing about amps. George and his GREAT instructions are what got me through the build.... buit I can not trouble shoot ANYTHING.

So can anyone hold my hand andf tell me what I should try and do to resurrect this amp?

THANK YOU!!!

Dave

danman

Re: Cant get it to turn on!

Post by danman » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:37 pm

Did you check both of the fuses?

EkanemJoseph

Post by EkanemJoseph » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:56 am

Most amplifiers have a fuse that can blow due to overloading. Apply whether the fuse is blown, and if so, replace it with a new one with the same value. Occurrence of bulbs - Bulbs are essential in an amplifier, and if they occur, it could show up as a breakdown. Encounters whether a tube appears to be failing, and if so, replaces them with new ones. The presence of wires - make sure that all the wires in the amplifiers are connected correctly and not separated. Capacitors can also cause the amplifier to fail. Encounters, whether they appear from the construction, and if so, replace them with new ones.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:36 pm

Danman sums it up quite well

Once you've tested the fuses (of correct rating) with an ohm meter (not by eye) next is to look at the valves.

Open back up and see if they all light up or one has gone cloudy etc

Then dig out your old voltage chart for the amp and test these and make a chart and post it here.
Neil

EkanemJoseph

Post by EkanemJoseph » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:56 am

Why hasn't my answer been published until now?

docwin

Post by docwin » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:25 am

Visit Hersheypark to experience family rides, thrilling coasters, and so much more. Hersheypark has been known as a clean and green. https://opentoclosehrs.com/hershey-park-hours/