JTM45 Kit Build Started!!

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:26 am

I had to use the 82K resistor, plus add a 25K bias pot to get the GT KT66's in line. I'll be interested to see where you end up on yours. Are you using the Valve Arts KT66's that come with the kit? Or do you have something else up your sleeve?
I checked out my local source in hopes of finding something like the old style rectangular-sliding-pots that you see in some old Marshalls for biasing, but no luck.

Ricky Lee
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:29 am

I've got the Valve Arts. I installed a perf board so if I need a pot it shouldn't be all that hard to install since the holes are already there. I'll let you know my values once I get everything up and going. Typically, the 45's should bias at about 40-42ma, that seems to be the sweet spot for my ears anyway.
May the good Lord take a liking to you!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:54 am

That's roughly where I ended up. One tube at 42mA, the other was at 38mA.

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:28 am

That's the spread I usually end up with about 4ma, but some times you can get lucky by just switching the valves around in oposite sockets. The Valve Arts I got yesterday are showing 30 & 31 on the tubes, will see when I get them installed.

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:46 pm

Flames have you heard anything on the cabs? I just checked Slojo for a Bluesbreaker cab for another project I'll be starting [JTM 45 Combo], and their site showed "Out Of Stock" as was the Marshall small box, as well. In fact, I checked availability for most all their cabs, and all were out of stock. I guess when ordering from these guys you should treat the order as custom, and expect a 30 day build time! I've ordered small parts from Slojo before and everytime It's been 5 - 7 days before they even ship. Anyway, I'll look elsewhere for the BB cab.

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:10 pm

Ricky Lee wrote:Flames have you heard anything on the cabs? I just checked Slojo for a Bluesbreaker cab for another project I'll be starting [JTM 45 Combo], and their site showed "Out Of Stock" as was the Marshall small box, as well. In fact, I checked availability for most all their cabs, and all were out of stock. I guess when ordering from these guys you should treat the order as custom, and expect a 30 day build time! I've ordered small parts from Slojo before and everytime It's been 5 - 7 days before they even ship. Anyway, I'll look elsewhere for the BB cab.
I haven't heard anything either. I'm trying to avoid pestering George about it since I know who's gotten pokey on the deal and it ain't him...... :roll:
I was getting tempted to check their site and see if their BluesBreaker cab fit a non-tremolo JTM45 chassis or not, I've got two G12H30 RI's sitting here bored, but I could build one in the two months it takes SloJo to get it happening.

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:20 pm

The BB cab they have (or should I say don't have) is made for the 45's without the trem circuit. The cab has about a 16" opening and is 10 1/2" deep for the KT66's. Personally I beleive SloJo only builds after they get the order, making every order a custom order. One of the reasons I don't custom order the different color cabs is I don't like extended build times, but in this case it wouldn't make any difference. I have a back-up plan though, Tube Depot in Memphis has the JTM 45 cabs in stock. It's about 240 miles round trip from where I live, which if I haft to I will make the trip.