jtm 45 kits everywhere?

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

jtm 45 kits everywhere?

Post by rockstah » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:07 pm

6M45 Weber Kit
Line Voltage
120 or 120-220-240
$500

Classic 45 watt circuit. Kit includes chassis, head cabinet, brass plate, fiber board, tubes, sockets, resistors, caps, pots, switches, knobs, fuse holder with fuse, power cord, pilot light and lamp, input jacks, cloth covered wire, transformers (OT is Mojo), nuts, bolts, and other hardware.
Schematics & Layout

Tubes
KT66 or EL34

No cabinet -$100,Smooth Cream,Levant Green,Elephant Black,Levant Black,Elephant Red,Levant Red,Elephant Purple,Levant Purple

Pilot Lamp Color
Red
Green
White

whats the difference here between this and Georges JTM45 Kit's? is only the transformers?...what do you think?

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:41 pm

The Weber kit uses a cheaper grade of electrolytics on a board mounted to the power tranny. The PT itself may be of Asian origin still, even though the OT is now a MoJo. Uses a tagboard like Fenders, instead of a solid turret board like Marshalls used.
Weber's kit just isn't intended to be a clone with any accuracy (although I intend to build one someday just for kicks.) You also get absolutely no step-by-step instructions with the Weber kits.
As always, I will say that I have never known Ted to sell anything sub-par as far as tone goes......

George's is intended to be an accurate clone (although the choke placement is a little off) with a lot of time put into selecting components to reflect that, and a very good set of step-by-step instructions. Trannies made by Heyboer, not of questionable origin. Sure there's a price differential -- it reflects the dedication George went to so we could have as accurate a clone as possible.

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:52 pm

makes sense to me and is what i thought... George rules! :) now if he would just hurry up with plexi kit quote ;)

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:31 pm

I think he said on another post that he was having flooding problems at his shop from all the rain in Michigan lately. Patience may be in order, I hope everything is OK up there.

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:10 pm

Flames1950 wrote:I think he said on another post that he was having flooding problems at his shop from all the rain in Michigan lately. Patience may be in order, I hope everything is OK up there.
I think everyone is having weather problems right now, including myself here in Mississippi. Also, just had several tornados today and alot of rain. Haft to go back to the Gulf in two days, you know what that means. As for the Metro kits, there is none better that I know of. These kits are geared more for the puriest who know great sound when they hear it. Not only do they sound like an old Marshall but they look it as well. Once you play one of these you'll throw rocks at the reissue Marshalls. Never thought I say that about a Marshall, but it's been in the making for several years now. From what I hear the new 1959HW won't be all that great either, with all the restrictions the EC has placed on Marshall which may very well effect or prevent the true Marshall sound from hitting the stores.
May the good Lord take a liking to you!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;