Metro JTM 45 with Classic Tone PT

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

roop66
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Metro JTM 45 with Classic Tone PT

Post by roop66 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:46 pm

I need some help on what color leads go where using the ClassicTone PT 40-18033? I have the Metro JTM 45 Kit, and the
instructions have a different PT and OT with different colored leads?

Can someone who knows this configuration make me a diagram so I do not mess up the wiring? I have the JTM 45 Triode USA layout with the Classic Tone PT 40-18033 and OT 40-18039 transformers. These are the transformers that I'm using for my Metro JTM 45 kit.

I can pretty much figure out the OT transformer wiring from looking at the Triode USA layout, but the PT wiring I have questions about where on the metro Kit to wire the leads?

Thanks for the help guy's

danman
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Metro JTM 45 with Classic Tone PT

Post by danman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:51 am

What wires are you concerned about? The secondary HT and heater taps or the primary side? Have you looked up the specs on the Classictone website for your PT? They give you a breakdown for each wire color on the 40-18033. If you print this out and then print out the wire color specs for the tranny used in the Metro you can compare them to figure out which colors do what. You should have two yellow wires which are the 5v taps for the rectifier tube, two red wires for the HT which also go to the rectifier socket, a red/yellow wire which is the HT centertap that runs to the HT fuse, and two green wires with a green/yellow centertap. The two green wires are the 6.3v for your power and preamp tube heaters and the centertap goes to ground. On the primary side of the PT you will have a blue wire which is the common and runs back to the IEC socket and then you must pick one wire color for the voltage that you need. If you are in the US then you will need the black 120v wire. This will go to the power switch.