favorite eruption phrase (i know this is SICK)

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

rgalpin

Re:

Post by rgalpin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:09 am

Strat78 wrote:I wanted to post a clip of my #2 tab but never had the chance. Wow, a couple months without serious playing and I can hardly pull this stuff off anymore. My fan picking went to the dogs. Depressing. :cry: Anyway, here is the clip. I think the riff works well with the hammered down 20 on the B instead of the 15 on the E. It brakes the notes up better.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6361656
the clip is gone. bummer. do you still have it somewhere? it's only 6 years later... haha! crazy how time flies when yer losing yer mind. :palm: :rock:

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Re:

Post by Strat78 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:04 am

rgalpin wrote:
Strat78 wrote:I wanted to post a clip of my #2 tab but never had the chance. Wow, a couple months without serious playing and I can hardly pull this stuff off anymore. My fan picking went to the dogs. Depressing. :cry: Anyway, here is the clip. I think the riff works well with the hammered down 20 on the B instead of the 15 on the E. It brakes the notes up better.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6361656
the clip is gone. bummer. do you still have it somewhere? it's only 6 years later... haha! crazy how time flies when yer losing yer mind. :palm: :rock:
Haha, I found it and it was right next your clip that I saved. I got the drunkan bend pretty good and that quick growl, but the run itself does not run so good (thats why I deleted it):
https://soundcloud.com/iskra68/eruptrunpart08

rgalpin

Re: favorite eruption phrase (i know this is SICK)

Post by rgalpin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:32 pm

sounds good!! and YOU actually played it! dag... that's some fast crap right there. :shred:

efraser68

Post by efraser68 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 pm

:thumbsup: Phil :thumbsup:
Remember Ben Wise (aka Stunt Double) & Mark Abrahamian
http://www.soundclick.com/EricFraser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Awesome ! That is as accurate a representation of that crazy lick as I've ever heard. Even that quick dive bomb was spot on, which NOBODY else I've heard even gets close (even Ed besides the studio version) :champ:
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:28 pm

I need to TAB my fingerings for "Eruption"...Bill helped me with the fast parts as usual. In fact, I believe the first time I met Bill on this site was when he worked with me to get the "hard" parts of the recorded version. This is my old clip of me playing Bill's fingerings for "Eruption".

Bill posted these fingerings in the "Where Ed Plays On The Neck" thread...

Phil is WAY closer on that fast run phrase than I am...in fact I'd go so far as to say his phrasing of that lick was nearly perfect...really nailed it. Bravo Strat78!!

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 am

Nice clip Allen :thumbsup: . What I liked about this clip (and 'Ice Cream Man') of yours is that there is a very authentic tonal aspect of the Fender 6 screw tremolo, and how it 'sounds', whether its a lick with no bar or one with. That (more so than your actual playing/phrasing) is what really got my attention. That old Phase 90 of yours didnt hurt things either 8)
I totally agree, Phil got as close to that particular phrase as I've ever heard :champ:

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks Andy:)

There is still a lot of debate on that phrase...I think Bill and I are still unresolved as to whether he picked every single note in it or if there were hammer-ons and pull-offs in there...

How do you play it in the above clip Phil? I see you posted a PDF earlier in the thread, but it doesn't appear here after the shut down and re-launch of the site...

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 am

Besides that 'crazy unique' scalar run, what gets me is how Phil got that dag'um dive bomb to get that EXACT reaction as Ed did.....fricken insane :rock: