Ed's Amp Line Out - Question for Dave F.

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

RACKSYSTEMS

Re: Ed's Amp Line Out - Question for Dave F.

Post by RACKSYSTEMS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:32 pm

That was not Marks it was mine and Mark used it. The 2.2k will attenuate more and is probably better for a plexi dimed. The audio taper pot works better. 10k versus 5 k no difference really because you have a 470 ohm strapped across it.
Rack Systems / Tone Merchants
5419 Cleon Ave.
North Hollywood, Ca. 91601
[818] 209-4309
Racksystems@yahoo.com
Tonemerchants.com

RACKSYSTEMS

Post by RACKSYSTEMS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:33 pm

100 ohm is really not needed. Less is best. Ed has a line out in his rack that I made.
Rack Systems / Tone Merchants
5419 Cleon Ave.
North Hollywood, Ca. 91601
[818] 209-4309
Racksystems@yahoo.com
Tonemerchants.com

projectx102
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by projectx102 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:34 am

Dave, do you know if Ed is using the EL34 EVH amp proto on this tour? I was told he took one with him but not sure if he is using it during the shows.

Blix
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Blix » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:19 am

Not relevant to the op's question, but I guess some would like to know. I asked Bradshaw about the load and line-out used back in the 80's, around LWAN.

His reply to me:

"It was a 16 ohm load box I designed that would allow manual selection of up to 4 amps.
Strictly a resistive load to use the amp basically as a preamp…there was no “dry” cabinet at the this time.
The padded line level signal drove the effects, then into HHV800 Mosfet power amps/Marshall cabinets in stereo.

It was later that I realized a reactive load (speaker) was better, and that a center “dry” cabinet should be utilized… and at first the load cabinet was kept offstage.
Eventually it was brought out and used as part of the overall sound as the “dry” center image.

Funny enough…once I realized the reactive load was better, it took awhile to convince him it sounded better! ;)

The Palmer was never used as a load device….only as a “tap” to take speaker level signal down to line level.

BB

Regards,
Robert Bradshaw"

white noise
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by white noise » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm

RACKSYSTEMS wrote:That was not Marks it was mine and Mark used it. The 2.2k will attenuate more and is probably better for a plexi dimed. The audio taper pot works better. 10k versus 5 k no difference really because you have a 470 ohm strapped across it.

Thanks Dave, :thumbsup: