budubum

Re: EVH TONE RIGHT HERE

Post by budubum » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:51 pm

bump.anyone? :?

AmpegSVT

Re:

Post by AmpegSVT » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:23 pm

rockstah wrote:
harddriver wrote:What made you decide to run 16uf on the PI? Thats out of the blue a very nonstandard selection.

Are you just running one half of a 16uf F&T dual for the PI?

Are you still running two 100uf in series for the mains. or did you drop those to 80uf each in series to get 40uf?

Well guess I was sorta right with saying the front end was pushed(cascade).

Was this the first time you dimed both the preamp and volume on this amp and used the PPIMV to limit overall volume? As TJ fuller said there is alot more front push to this clip than your previous Cascade clip, was there a filtering change from your last clip to this one?
take alook at 100w type#2 schematic. low filtering baby.
yeah sprague 80u caps in series.
Where can I find a type#2 schematic? Whats a type#2 anyway?
AC/DC Tribute THUNDERSTRUCK

IloveMyMarshall
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Re:

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:44 pm

AmpegSVT wrote:
rockstah wrote:
harddriver wrote:What made you decide to run 16uf on the PI? Thats out of the blue a very nonstandard selection.

Are you just running one half of a 16uf F&T dual for the PI?

Are you still running two 100uf in series for the mains. or did you drop those to 80uf each in series to get 40uf?

Well guess I was sorta right with saying the front end was pushed(cascade).

Was this the first time you dimed both the preamp and volume on this amp and used the PPIMV to limit overall volume? As TJ fuller said there is alot more front push to this clip than your previous Cascade clip, was there a filtering change from your last clip to this one?
take alook at 100w type#2 schematic. low filtering baby.
yeah sprague 80u caps in series.
Where can I find a type#2 schematic? Whats a type#2 anyway?
THOM Book.
The History of Marshall My copy is on the way!
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??
http://www.soundclick.com/ilovemymarshall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:12 pm

rockstah wrote:have u guys heard this? the best fucking evh spec i have heard is inside my alum chassis right now! i had to say it! i had to say it! :P

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=5369443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was the post that saved me from crappy sites like EVH.com and cvh.com (though this site is starting to sadly resemble those shit holes. Anyway, this is the best VHI tone I have heard since, well since VHI!! Very cool.

908ssp

Post by 908ssp » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:09 am

Strat78 wrote:
rockstah wrote:have u guys heard this? the best fucking evh spec i have heard is inside my alum chassis right now! i had to say it! i had to say it! :P

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=5369443" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was the post that saved me from crappy sites like EVH.com and cvh.com (though this site is starting to sadly resemble those shit holes. Anyway, this is the best VHI tone I have heard since, well since VHI!! Very cool.
I agree terrific tone.

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:22 am

i have built a few of these for some satisfied customers ;) - its a fun amp to play!

Mark

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:27 am

rockstah wrote:i have built a few of these for some satisfied customers ;) - its a fun amp to play!

Mark
Excellent tone! That is killer.
But it's impossible, you didn't use any magic distortion pedal! :wink:
:mrgreen:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

tommygunz

Post by tommygunz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:01 pm

mark ,try this for shi%^& and giggles ,take your master volume amp set gain to about 7.5 or 8 ,master not post master on about 6 ,the post phase set low around 3-4,place a eq in the front of the amp and see if you feel that evh tone , do you have a blue mxr? I`am curious to hear what that would sound like ? the master on the front of a 2203 should be high enough to get the power tubes cookin . this is how I think ed did it ,even for the first album . that eq was always around why ? cause he turned his low output pickups into medium ones with the eq, also pushed amp more ,in conjunction with the lower filtering ,added master which seems to fit the era,you got classic vh , try this please!!!!

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:21 pm

what makes you think my amp isn't set just like you posted? the whole premise of this post and mod is that i thought this is how Edward did it and i set out to prove it! :lol: but yeah the clip is nothing but an amp and a guitar...

tommygunz

Post by tommygunz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:32 pm

It sounds killer don`t get me wrong ,I would love to hear the difference with the eq pushing it more than the amps preamp ,just curious ? I hope you don`t think I was putting your efforts down not at all ,you`ve been bustin your A** at this with great results I `m just trying to do all my theories by process of elimination ,just like you . for your case I believe you use a 14k output pickup correct ? so you wouldn` t have to jack it up allthe way like ed did in those pictures from japan of his blue mxr eq ,if you got sometime a spare moment post a clip of this I would love to hear the difference ,thanks mark

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:37 am

i hear ya :) - oh the clip was done with a paf clone, the darkburst.

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 am

i need to build a 2203,love the gain your getting here mark.
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:20 am

i have to say your getting prob about the same gain as EVH in these tracks.but much better tone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOkTuVc3o8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks for digging this one back up bmf5150. I must have missed this one. What is getting me to smile is the pickup Mark used on this clip. I've been using the Darkburst paf clone for about 2 months now. I swap it in and with others but keep putting it back in. It has that huge open sound.
12000 Metro Kit

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:08 am

i have never tried a darkbusrt,how do you like it?mark is tha man for the cascade,love the tone he is getting with it.i have never tried the the 2203 with any other filtering than stock.sound like its a big part of gettin the amp not to be so shrill.
My EVH sound clips.