Ed's use of Dist/OD Pedals, the ADA MP-1

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Good Guest wrote:
Star*Guitar wrote:That pic would be easy to download by right clicking your mouse.

I would be very interested in seeing that pic if you can find it.
That would be too easy and telling..but here is a clue..it's in this forum..and it's obvious that the pic was intentionally blurred , but the "telltale yellow" of a distortion+ is there. I'm sure when delving deep into the forum you will learn what re-amping is and find the pic.

I'm just getting into re-amping myself..I experimented with it years ago with an assortment of amps and didn't like it, the tones were too rank in the high end...now playing with marshall type circuits it's a whole new ball game..shimmering highs and lots of lows and the best way to describe what it sounds like is what Eddie said...like a hi-fi stereo system.

This forum rocks "bigtime" ..I wouldn't of bothered re experimenting if it wasn't for the pioneers here.
I see nothing.
Last edited by Strat78 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blfrd
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by blfrd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:22 pm

It's as plain as day, you can't see it?

If there's no quiet, there can be no loud.

MarkCameron

Post by MarkCameron » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Strat78 wrote:
Good Guest wrote:
Star*Guitar wrote:That pic would be easy to download by right clicking your mouse.

I would be very interested in seeing that pic if you can find it.
That would be too easy and telling..but here is a clue..it's in this forum..and it's obvious that the pic was intentionally blurred , but the "telltale yellow" of a distortion+ is there. I'm sure when delving deep into the forum you will learn what re-amping is and find the pic.

I'm just getting into re-amping myself..I experimented with it years ago with an assortment of amps and didn't like it, the tones were too rank in the high end...now playing with marshall type circuits it's a whole new ball game..shimmering highs and lots of lows and the best way to describe what it sounds like is what Eddie said...like a hi-fi stereo system.

This forum rocks "bigtime" ..I wouldn't of bothered re experimenting if it wasn't for the pioneers here.
I see nothing.
See how things get out of hand. That pic was posted by me. And no Its not intentionally blurred. I dont have a scanner so its a crappy pic of a pic from my cel phone( the one I have is clear) and there is NO MXR Dis +. In every pic I have seen from the club days there is no Dis +.

blfrd

Post by blfrd » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm

I certainly hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

I've never seen that pic before, ANYWHERE, and I'm certainly glad you posted it.

Whoever took it, is certainly very lucky.
If there's no quiet, there can be no loud.

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 pm

It's funny with us older VH fans how we've come full circle (or am I having a midlife crisis). Here is a shot of my peddle board from 1979 (for authentication, note the shag carpet). I think that is a Dist+ on there. Like a fool, I tossed the Echoplex in the trash in the mid 80's.

That is a boogie bodies neck and body plus a brass mighty mite bridge, it would have been worth a fortune today. Anybody from the Bay Area remember Dan Torres Guitars down in Saratoga? I must have been the first chump to walk into his shop wanting a VH guitar, still, it sort of had my own paint design. Anyway, now days I'm trying to buy back all the gear that I lost over the years. I should be getting a script MXR Dist+ in the mail any day soon so I can post some sound samples.
Last edited by Strat78 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:29 pm

It certainly looks like the telltale yellow of D+ :lol:

rgalpin

Post by rgalpin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:36 pm

blfrd wrote:It's as plain as day, you can't see it?

that's hilarious man.

rgalpin

Post by rgalpin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Good Guest wrote:It certainly looks like the telltale yellow of D+ :lol: Image
LOOK!! it's BLURRED... BUT I CAN SEE IT!!!

45auto

Post by 45auto » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:38 pm

naw, that's barf
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rgalpin

Post by rgalpin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:41 pm

he seems to be carrying it in his hand... oh the TECHNIQUE! now you see it, now it's barf!

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeah, now I see it, but that gorilla looks faked! :shock:

guitar007

Post by guitar007 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:18 am

MarkCameron wrote: See how things get out of hand. That pic was posted by me. And no Its not intentionally blurred. I dont have a scanner so its a crappy pic of a pic from my cel phone( the one I have is clear) and there is NO MXR Dis +. In every pic I have seen from the club days there is no Dis +.
Mark...next time you find yourself needing to go to Kinko's, Office Max, Office depot, etc....please take that pic with you! Please! It would be great to see that pic in better clarity. It
~guitar007

LypsLynch55

Post by LypsLynch55 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:37 am

Strat78 wrote:It's funny with us older VH fans how we've come full circle (or am I having a midlife crisis). Here is a shot of my peddle board from 1979 (for authentication, note the shag carpet). I think that is a Dist+ on there. Like a fool, I tossed the Echoplex in the trash in the mid 80's.

That is a boogie bodies neck and body plus a brass mighty mite bridge, it would have been worth a fortune today. Anybody from the Bay Area remember Dan Torres Guitars down in Saratoga? I must have been the first chump to walk into his shop wanting a VH guitar, still, it sort of had my own paint design. Anyway, now days I'm trying to buy back all the gear that I lost over the years. I should be getting a script MXR Dist+ in the mail any day soon so I can post some sound samples.
Ah, c'mon, dont tease us!

Show us what that Boogie Bodies Guitar looks like when you were done with it :lol: :cry:
"Just shine the echo there....Tommy get those cords that we use" - DLR during the Pasadena Rehearsal

Strat78

Post by Strat78 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Hmm?
Last edited by Strat78 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Star*Guitar

Post by Star*Guitar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:57 pm

I've been re-amping for years myself. First into my H&H...then I blew that up..now in a Classic 50/50. Love the tone....
Star*Guitar