Mark Cameron Jose master volume schematic??

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

bmf5150

Mark Cameron Jose master volume schematic??

Post by bmf5150 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Looking for a schematic or diagram to the mark Cameron Jose master volume mod!!anyone have it??
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StuntDouble
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Mark Cameron Jose master volume schematic??

Post by StuntDouble » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 pm

bmf5150 wrote:Looking for a schematic or diagram to the mark Cameron Jose master volume mod!!anyone have it??
You know I PM'd someone about a schematic once, and I never got a reply back; it just sat in my outbox, like the previous querie I sent that I deleted after a week. :scratch: Good luck, I hope someone here can help you.

jasonp

Post by jasonp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I would like to see that as well but I don't think it's going to happen. Good luck! 8)

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Is there a differance between the Jose master W/ zeners and the Mark C master? I thought the Mark C. master was the Jose one. Maybe you should dig deep into the metro archives where even Mark C. described and helped out everyone when they were delving into the Jose master...it got pretty detailed with part numbers and all. :thumbsup:

IloveMyMarshall

Post by IloveMyMarshall » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Here will this help?
Attachments
jose mod edited with zenor diode.jpg
jose mod edited with zenor diode.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 11592 times
Metro 2204
Metro JTM 45/50
Next Super lead??
http://www.soundclick.com/ilovemymarshall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks,that's the one I was looking for!!sorry I Dont get on this board much any more!!!
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

axeman

Post by axeman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Good Guest wrote:
Is there a differance between the Jose master W/ zeners and the Mark C master?
I thought the Mark C. master was the Jose one. Maybe you should dig deep into the metro archives where even Mark C. described and helped out everyone when they were delving into the Jose master...it got pretty detailed with part numbers and all. :thumbsup:
Yes there is a deference, no zeners in the Cameron Jose.

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 pm

i tried this master before i drew that layout and as i stated at the time it might start to sound good with a cascaded gain stage but in plexi land it really doesn't do anything that one would hope for.
Mark

Groovenut

Post by Groovenut » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe the Jose Master actually had two zeners, not a zener and a rectifier.
You've gotta love obsolete technology...

axeman

Post by axeman » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Thats correct two zeners 20v or 16v or the combo of both, but the Cameron Jose does not use zeners

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 am

Mark confirmed the diode arrangement in the drawing.

Groovenut

Post by Groovenut » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 am

rockstah wrote:Mark confirmed the diode arrangement in the drawing.
I remember the original conversation that involved Mark Cameron in 2007.

But in this thread you contradict yourself saying Mark C told you 2 Zeners (4th post down)
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... r&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldn't find the post where Mark C ever confirmed the diagram. Here at the bottom of the page he states to use 2 zeners
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark C actually chimes in on the next page about his feeling on using one zener, and the functional differences of zener and regular diodes.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The diagram in the layout is closer to Larry's way of using diodes hanging from the wiper of the gain pot for asymmetrical clipping. All the image links to the original layout diagram are broken, so I couldn't pull them up to view if they were the same as the layout that was posted in this thread.

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

i was thinking the same thing and cant remember the conversation completely. but that drawing was confirmed. i wouldnt have drawn it that way. anyway it seems easy to understand the confusion, there are many configurations of diode clipping masters. you can read about the in Kevin O'conners TUT series.
Mark
Groovenut wrote:
rockstah wrote:Mark confirmed the diode arrangement in the drawing.
I remember the original conversation that involved Mark Cameron in 2007.

But in this thread you contradict yourself saying Mark C told you 2 Zeners (4th post down)
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... r&start=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldn't find the post where Mark C ever confirmed the diagram. Here at the bottom of the page he states to use 2 zeners
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark C actually chimes in on the next page about his feeling on using one zener, and the functional differences of zener and regular diodes.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The diagram in the layout is closer to Larry's way of using diodes hanging from the wiper of the gain pot for asymmetrical clipping. All the image links to the original layout diagram are broken, so I couldn't pull them up to view if they were the same as the layout that was posted in this thread.

axeman

Post by axeman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 am

Mark Cameron Confirmed the question someone had asked him, but he never said/agreed he use them for his Master.

Groovenut

Post by Groovenut » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 am

axeman wrote:Mark Cameron Confirmed the question someone had asked him, but he never said/agreed he use them for his Master.
Actually in other posts he has said in some of his mods he put the Jose master on a switch with a standard 800 type master to switch between them as desired. Some with the zeners, some without. However he has not made a clear confirmation about the master in his Cameron amps.