New Van Halen pic

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

T.L.

Re: New Van Halen pic

Post by T.L. » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm

:palm:
Last edited by T.L. on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.L.

Post by T.L. » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Long hair Rocks...PERIOD. Of course Ed should dye the gray out of it. I just love when other people *decide* that "long hair is out-of-style" (Fashion Police??). Who are they to decide how someone else should style their hair? One of the points of Rock & Roll is to give the big middle finger to those who think it's their place to decide what our hair looks like, what kind of clothing we wear, and what kind of music we listen to, etc. Check out the crap on the radio these days that our wonderful "society" has *decided* for us is in vogue.

Or, you can be a sheep instead. Just turn on the TV and wait for further instructions...

vanhalen5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by vanhalen5150 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:12 am

Attachments
224x300xjonathan-goldsmith-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-224x300_jpg_pagespeed_ic_UtUvZRKCMu.jpg
224x300xjonathan-goldsmith-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-224x300_jpg_pagespeed_ic_UtUvZRKCMu.jpg (92.81 KiB) Viewed 777 times
12000 Metro Kit

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:43 am

Doesn't matter really what Ed does with his hair to me. I just wanna hear some damn music. But on the other hand one should want to look his best. If you polled 50 women on his last short hair cut vs the long hair-guaranteed the vagina is gonna like the short hair better. So you can rebell if you want all day-but if you like repelling women away thats your business.

What i think of when he lets his hair grow out is the unhealthy horrible appearance he had when being interviewed about the frankenstein replica where he seems to clearly be jiffin and playing with his hair nervously like a strung out addict trying to hide behind a curtain. I like the Ed that looks happy, heathy, and able to embrace people that think so much of him face to face. There was a certain air of internal peace and happiness radiating from within him. Thats what i like to see. Not the strung out "looks like stinks and doesn't take care of himself" Ed. Its got nothing to do with whats vogue at all or society.

Drugs and alcohol are f'n stupid and i am sure everyone has dabbled at some point in their life. To deny that and the damage its done to so many people is simply immature and retarded.
We have seen the vids of when he is in trouble and having issues. And we have seen the Ed thats seemingly happy and got his shit together.
I have seen things of him where i was embarrassed for him.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Somebody tell Ed "He 'ain't 27 no more..." In 3 years he'll be 60 and that hair makes him look like the strung-out Ed we remember all-too-recently.

I loved my long hair- back when it looked good due to youthful collegen any many other biological factors related to youth. But I'm 47 now and every time it gets too long I just end up looking like a homeless person, so I cut it (alot like Ed's short cut) and it looks great. Women say "It's handsome."

Ed, it's time. Look how good Roth looks since he cut his (Roth was lookin' terrible when he tried to hang onto his long hair in the later days of his solo career). Wolfie, on the other hand looked great with his long hair and could still pull it off if he wanted.

dazzlindino

Post by dazzlindino » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 pm

wow...instead of caring that they might actually have a video and an album...
its all about 1 guys haircut...on an amp builders forum no less.....
you all sound like your dads.... :roll:
I want my music waking up the dead...
Dont tell me to turn it down

if its not loud enough you must be really old...huh,what,what did you play?

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Respect your elders :?

:lol:

I just want Ed in good shape. Thats all. I want him to feel good enough and be mentally with it enough to someday write his own book-How I Really Did It. A tell all and a good source of wisdom to be shared. And keep rockin out more tunes of course.

For the life hes lived though short or long hair-he still looks very young and not really bad as say keith richards does :|
yikes!!!

Brad737

Post by Brad737 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't give a flyin' you-know-what about Eddie's grooming habits, as long as he's healthy. I care about the music. I also don't give a flyin' you-know-what about somebody preachin' to me. Good thing we have the "Foe" button, so I won't have to read the drivel. Anyone wanna talk about music?
Model citizen...Zero discipline

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 pm

... GUYS ... GUYS ... Guys ... guys

shhh... it's "o" "k" to talk about hair, especially Eddie's hair. Really, there may be some who would say "put this shit in the Off Topic forum where it belongs. This forum's about TONE." Sure, they would have a point.

But really, the EVH Forum is it's own special private place, connected to MetroAmp, and still floating offshore always vying to be it's own independent country. So, in that regard, I would almost want to call it the Eddie Van Halen LOUNGE. Where we could muse on what diet and exercise routines may benefit us most for optimum hard rock performances. And which wrestling shoes or kneepads look, feel, and perform the best... and for what budget one may be held to. Hair. Pants. Straps. Tattoos, if any. etc. and anything under the Sun that we may deem contributing to Tone, yes even skin products.

Come on peoples, it's ALL part of the LOUNGE act, and we deserve to go there without fear of being laughed back into our closets! Let's not let this trifle wiff of relaxation be an affront to our manliness, but let's enjoy a brief respite in our grueling path up the golden mountain of . . . tone.

In this good natured spirit, I went back ... WAY back ... to an old EPIC thread that I nearly broke my ribs on, Laughing.
It's a handful of years ago, when I was swingin' Gretsches. This English cat, named Shuie (a phenomenal player too, loads of great players over there), just totally lets one rip, and starts a thread in which he is requesting a new Forum ...

"please-create-a-good-grooming-section" ... "Where members, assured and content in their inherent manliness, may discuss fashion, accessorising, colours, fabrics, scent, hair products (including 'systems') and modern etiquette in a warm, welcoming domain."

And he is dead-straight-fucking-serious.

Well.

You could hear a pin drop! And then all HELL brakes loose, and takes off like napalm. Funny as fucking shit.

I realize that Gretsch culture ain't Marshall culture, and maybe Gretsch humour ain't Marshall humour, (a lot of those guys puke when they hear the words "Les Paul"), but I would venture to say that you may discover great character and a sense of camaraderie there, and don't have to look far for it. There are some guys here who really uphold that too I would say. :thumbsup:

Anyway, there are some serious American people over there that uphold a lot of what America was and should still be, whatever that may mean to you.
Brian Setzer
Billy Zoom
Deed Eddy (wife of Duane Eddy)
ALL of them post on that forum, and I've had conversations with Billy Z, one of my all-time heroes. Caliber people, and nothing to snoff at.

But it's funny to see, what happens when someone asks you a question about your trousers.
And that Shuie has the sharpest sense of humour I've seen in a great while, the way he Mediates the entire proceeding, FaNtAsTiC!

So, pour one over neat, light one up, and chill the fuck out and enjoy that thread. Then when we come to our metrosexual senses we may have MORE input on Eddie's hair, diet, trousers, what shoes he really wears, etc.

(my .02¢ for the record, the butch cut with highlights is totally bitchin' on the old man! if he's gonna wear it long, then he needs a proper stylist to fix it for the videos, photo shoots, etc. some wave and highlights would do for that)

(my .04¢, I really can't wait to hear how they dialed in those 5153 amps on the new material, and maybe a story will leak on how they wheeled in the secret Marshall for all the overdubs :mrgreen: )

And with that, my good sirs, as Deed Eddy says on the 1st page of the thread... "Gentlemen, I leave you to it, as this should be, and shall remain, entirely your domain."

:rockon:
dave

pleximanic

Post by pleximanic » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:15 pm

With this kind of hairstyle Eddie would get a much fatter tone i think :palm:
Attachments
hair-style-picture-big-hair-bouffent-banlon1964.jpg
hair-style-picture-big-hair-bouffent-banlon1964.jpg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 882 times

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 pm

All right, this is getting ridiculous. Who was the schmuck that brought up his hair anyway?
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

motrock

Post by motrock » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 pm

rgorke wrote:All right, this is getting ridiculous. Who was the schmuck that brought up his hair anyway?
Come on man, thats where the tone comes from. Didn't you know that? Tone is in the hair! LOL :shrug:

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 pm

motrock wrote:
rgorke wrote:All right, this is getting ridiculous. Who was the schmuck that brought up his hair anyway?
Come on man, thats where the tone comes from. Didn't you know that? Tone is in the hair! LOL :shrug:
EXACTLY! But it's harder than ever, especially in this modern day, to find that "Just Right TONE"!
pleximanic wrote:With this kind of hairstyle Eddie would get a much fatter tone i think :palm:
Meh, I dunno, there's something amiss... if he could just lower his preamp voltages a bit, then it might not come off so stiff! :lol: Ya know, softer and smushier. But DAMN, that Dave sure knows how to Top Em!
thehalens.jpg
(233.35 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
In truth though (it's funny that it went to the hair thing, thanks whoever you are), it's FUCKING KILLER that the first pic to squeak by is this one with the execs, and the gang is looking so casual. That says VOLUMES. They are forgoing the fan pander, keeping their guns locked, cards to their chests, all that.

THAT CREW is the crew that currently manages World Events. Not "trial runs at small 'halls' ".

Kudos to the VH Clan and Uncle Roth. They did it again. Killer pic.

edit: um, is that thing over to the left of Alex a gigantic nip... oh, nevermind, just some balloons. :D
dave

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 am

motrock wrote:
Geez, you guys are slow... it was me. :palm:

Regardless, you guys are :thumbsup: in my book!!!
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

motrock

Post by motrock » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:44 pm

rgorke wrote:
motrock wrote:
Geez, you guys are slow... it was me. :palm:

Regardless, you guys are :thumbsup: in my book!!!
LOL