Mighty Mite MFG 8.6k...

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Mighty Mite MFG 8.6k...

Post by garbeaj » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm

jape88 wrote:It's shame the evh sections have lost that magic of getting the tone and ways to do it and have ended up like "who can play like Ed the best" I remember the old days when it was frowned upon to play a long with backing tracks :lol: I just hope all the stuff of substance from the past never gets lost if it closes.
There is a hell of a lot to be said for actually learning what Ed played as closely as possible and I have learned an awful lot from conversations with wjamflan on this site. I would say that you will get WAY closer to Ed's tone if you actually learn to play the music correctly or as correctly as possible. I honestly believe that someone that actually learns how to play Ed's licks correctly will sound much closer to Eddie's tone on an unplugged guitar than someone who doesn't try to learn how to actually play Eddie's music.

But the "learning and discussing how to play Eddie's music" part is an incredibly small part of this site. This is an amp building site and the discussions about how to play the music are way, way off on the backburner.

Of course I know absolutely nothing about amps so I am grateful to those many people on this site that have dedicated themselves to constantly experimenting on how to crack the code of various tones based on the amps and how they relate to guitars and other gear. My hat is completely off to them! :champ:

jnew

Post by jnew » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Fair enough Allen. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jnew

Post by jnew » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:24 pm

:what: Which one? Say something constructive. I won't be offended even if that's your intent. What is bad about it? Give me an honest opinion. :what:

And then post one of your clips so I can learn something. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 am

I don't know what either one of you guys are bitching about...you BOTH sound one hell of a lot better than me! :peace:

jnew

Post by jnew » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:35 pm

You think I stalk your posts. That's amazing. I'm hardy active around here at all anymore. You get one guess as to why. And I need not twist any of your words my friend. Your very own words seem to reward you with the same results from numerous other members around here. Some even pointing out your same shitbag behaviors elsewhere. And I can assure you I have no influence whatsoever, on anyone else's opinion. Enough said there.

How about that. Another insult. Nothing to say about what changes to make or how to improve it. Offer something man. What about the tone do you insinuate is so laughable? It's all cool if you want to shred it but suggest some changes or improvements? Something reasonably intelligent. Anything. It's not like I make any claims that this is gospel, the right way, the way Eddie did it, the way everyone should do it, etc. It's just what I build, the way I'm running it at the time and the way it sounds. It's the reason for this place to begin with.
Or perhaps you're ragging on the way I play. That's cool too. I'm not a professional. I'm not even what I'd call a good player but I post what I can in and "AMP BUILDER" forum for amp demonstration. Once again, the reason for this place to begin with. So give it up man. Be specific with your criticism. I'm all good with it. Offer something that I, or anybody for that matter, can use.

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:45 pm

I shouldn't be involved in this, but I wanted to make an observation.

I've heard both of you playing in clips. You are both head and shoulders above 99% of people who make Van Halen oriented clips in terms of playing technique and tone.

If you guys know anything about me, you know that I have NO compunction about calling out people who can't play for shit. BOTH of you guys are good players and BOTH of you have some great tone going on.

Let's all gang up on those people who can't play or tune their guitars and yet they still feel it necessary to post clips! Trust me, you guys are both great!

jnew

Post by jnew » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:54 pm

67 Melody Maker wrote:
garbeaj wrote:I don't know what either one of you guys are bitching about...you BOTH sound one hell of a lot better than me! :peace:
There are several problems with what jnew is doing here:

1. He's trashing someone's else's thread.

2. Before you go on a guitar forum and start calling names and talking crap, you'd better have the chops to back it up.

3. Better still, don't do that. Just participate and try to have fun.

My advice to you jnew, my friend is this; stop trying to be a big man on the Internet and go practive playing the guitar.

Believe me, we'd all be better off... :champ:
Ok, we'll break this down point by point.
#1 - It's a very old thread that has come and gone a few times again over the years. And even though there were a few disagreeing opinions with some members, it was on topic. I didn't chime in until around Jun or Jul of last year. And when I did, I stayed on the PU topic. No trashing there. Then in Jan of this year, the thread came up again. And my post was still all about the topic of PU's. The very next post was YOU talking about how pointless the topic was. In fact I think you said short sighted and kind of dumb. RIGHT THERE is the first indication of ANYONE trashing someone else's thread. And it was YOU. Everybody else up to that point talked about PU's.
Common Sense = 1 / Shitbag = 0
#2 - Talking crap in my case has only been in response to your insults. When I talk about building amps, PU's or any other legitimate forum topics, they are only opinions based on some knowledge from some experiences. Simple as that. But guess what shitbag? Guitar chops have nothing to do with that.
Common Sense = 2 / Shitbag = 0
#3 - I do participate and have fun. More than you are aware of. Just not as much around here anymore. Hell I'm even having fun with your outlining your stupidity. And even watching you run back and hide by editing your previous post's.
Common Sense = 3 / Shitbag = 0
Lastly, this is sooo not about trying to be a big man on the internet. Moreso about just saying hey man, if you're going to be so critical and insult people on their crafts and hobbies, have something to offer.
Common Sense = 4 / Shitbag = 0

jnew

Post by jnew » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Ok.

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm

67 Melody Maker wrote:
jnew wrote::what: Which one? Say something constructive. I won't be offended even if that's your intent. What is bad about it? Give me an honest opinion. :what:

And then post one of your clips so I can learn something. 8)

jnew, this tired old Internet forum tactic of stalking every post I make, twisting my words, and demanding I explain myself to you isn't going to work, old timer. This ain't my first rodeo.

Instead, I went and tried to listen to another one of your clips...

three seconds into it, this happened:

P.S. If you really wanna hear a clip from me, check your bifocals and click the link in my signature line...

Have a nice day!
Sounds pretty good for solid state, but nowhere near Jnew in tone or playing. Keep up the good work!

mightymike

Post by mightymike » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:38 pm

67 Melody Maker wrote:
mightymike wrote:Sounds pretty good for solid state, but nowhere near Jnew in tone or playing. Keep up the good work!
Yeah, I remember when you used to be a moderator here. :palm:

Hey Mikey, when I want advice on guitar tone from a ghey truck driver - I'll think of you first, buddy. :lol:
Your ghey projection/transference couldn't be more ironic, comical, and obvious, but I won't hold it against you. Maybe if you obsessed over tone and playing as much as you do over me, that harsh joke of a recording in your signature wouldn't sound like a a 5 year old playing on a Gorilla amp. I seriously thought you said it was solid state earlier, and didn't intend to insult you, but after your childish reply I don't care. So I'll just say it. Your clip is harsh! Maybe it's mic placement, but it's super harsh.

Do yourself a favor. Read up on guys like JNEW, Strat78, and Ralle who you could obviously learn a lot from instead of insulting your betters. We can all hear JNEWS clips and yours, and we are scratching our heads at why you're laughing at him and mocking him. His tone smokes yours. You would be lucky to have his tone. I have an original 1968 12000 series, and his clone is about as close as I've heard. You're not even close. Hands down my vote, and I bet the majority reading this is for JNEW over your tone, but even if your tone was close, there's no need to be such a bitter , mean spirited, and scorned instigator.

We're here to help you inspite of your temper tantrums and hatred. This is a place for builders to help each other.

PS: I apologize on behalf of all truckers for any truck stop trauma you may have experienced at the hands of a ghey trucker. I wish I could have been there to protect you.

:champ: JNEW :champ:

CHErio