Want an frankenstrat clone,dont buy from this guy!!

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

bmf5150

Want an frankenstrat clone,dont buy from this guy!!

Post by bmf5150 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:42 pm

my good friend bought a frankenstrat clone from frankenstraat over at eddievanhalen forum ,and it was a complete nightmare!the guitar wont stay in tune,gave him the wrong parts and had to chase the guy down to try and get it fixed.the guy wouldnt reply to any of his emails.just a for warning to any of you guys that want a VH replica,stay clear of him.what worse is that hes a moderator on that board and deletes anything negative said about him!
stan

Hassan Chop

Post by Hassan Chop » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:32 pm

Report him to the Postal Inspectors for mail fraud.

Send P.M.'s to the other moderators at the board where he's a moderator and explain to them why his lack of ethics is going to reflect on their board. Tell them that now that they've been warned (and you're saving a copy of the message) that they bear some responsibility for his misbehavior. Legally.

I don't know if you've mentioned this over at the Plexi Palace or not, but you might just consider it. Some of those folks over there might have some better ideas.
I knew we should've taken that left turn at Albuquerque!

Bainzy
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Bainzy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:08 am

This seems a bit strange Stan, as I've witnessed many sales of guitars by Frankenstraat and not one has ever been less than perfect in terms of quality and professional customer service. I could sympathise more if it was you who bought the guitar but you're relying on second hand evidence, and it seems very unusual practice for someone to go out of their way to go round slurring a guitar builder that they haven't actually dealt with themselves.
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:51 am

my buddy goes by the name of king of strings at the EVH forum and scott here.pm him and ask him his experience!

Bainzy
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Bainzy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:48 am

if his experience was real he should be willing to explain himself in public
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:36 pm

quit crying about it and pm him if you want to know!

Growl60

Post by Growl60 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:18 pm

Holy crap you're bashing James here!! Are you that arrogant!

GilmourD

Post by GilmourD » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Wow, you've seriously stepped into the bounds of being an utter tool.

Let it be known that Kingofstrings has yet to actually say anything besides "Anyone has any questions or comments concerning me or my dealings should come directly to me. " If he really had a problem, why hasn't he explained the problem? He hasn't sought help or a solution. Instead, there's this smear campaign against James. I've encountered customers like you before... One tiny problem and you become a retail terrorist without even trying to fix the problem. James (Frankenstraat) is a standup guy and is somebody that I'm extremely willing to deal with once I have the resources to pay for the projects I want to do.

GilmourD from www.eddievanhalen.com

DrClayForrester

Post by DrClayForrester » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:19 pm

Hassan Chop wrote:Send P.M.'s to the other moderators at the board where he's a moderator and explain to them why his lack of ethics is going to reflect on their board. Tell them that now that they've been warned (and you're saving a copy of the message) that they bear some responsibility for his misbehavior. Legally.
First and foremost, I think there are a few important things to remember before you start passing judgement:

1. Stan is NOT the customer. He has had NO dealings with Frankenstraat himself.

2. Everything that he is telling you is hearsay. Just as Frankenstraat's explanation is hearsay.

3. However, since Frankenstraat has an established reputation with numerous members who are customers of his, I tend to take what dissenters say about his work - especially those who haven't actually dealt with him - with a BIG grain of salt.

4. I am a moderator at www.eddievanhalen.com and am more than familiar with all of this, as are the other mods and the site owner.

On a personal note, Frankenstraat's work speaks for itself. If you haven't seen it or dealt with him, then you have no right to be running your mouth, bmf5150. If KingofStrings has anything to say about it, he can do it himself.

DCF - PROUD moderator at www.eddievanhalen.com

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:36 pm

People aren't supposed to be selling copies of those guitars anyway. :D

I don't have a stake in this one way or the other, but it just reinforces my thinking that you should never buy a guitar unless you can play it beforehand. I will say this is the first bad thing I've heard about Frankenstraat, though. He's posted at the rotharmy.com forums a few times and seemed to be fairly knowledgeable.
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:28 pm

james sent all of you guys here!i have nothing against james,and i think his guitars looks just like EDs,jut dont care for the way he treats his customers when there is a problem!first he could fix the tunning issue on a $1300 guitar he built and second he didnt even put the correct parts on the guitar that where ordered!
stan

DrClayForrester

Post by DrClayForrester » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:47 am

bmf5150 wrote:james sent all of you guys here!i have nothing against james,and i think his guitars looks just like EDs,jut dont care for the way he treats his customers when there is a problem!first he could fix the tunning issue on a $1300 guitar he built and second he didnt even put the correct parts on the guitar that where ordered!
stan
Stan, give it up. James didn't send anyone over here. We're not all out to get you. We're defending someone that you are trying to slander without any reliable firsthand information. (Translation: You don't own the guitar, you've never seen the guitar, so you have no idea what you're talking about.) If you'd go read that asinine thread you started at eddievanhalen.com, you'd see that someone else posted the link that brought us here, so your accusation is without merit.

Secondly, if you were to actually go there and read, rather than just try to cause problems, you'd notice that I asked you several questions, the most important (to me anyway) being, what business is all of this to you? You've never bought or even played one of Frankenstraat's guitars, yet you're just spewing this garbage all over the place without having any idea what you're talking about. You're basing all of this on something someone else told you. (Someone, I might add, who is taking the gentlemanly route and dealing directly with Frankenstraat without dragging all of this crap out intot he public where it doesn't belong.) It has nothing to do with you. So, why, exactly, have you got this bug up your butt? Is it because of his comments about Southwest Guitars? He admitted his mistake. It was a misunderstanding. He even apologized - on the public forum - to Warren. And yet you seem intent on beating this dead horse. So, again, I ask what any of this has to do with you.

My advice to you is to let this go. Nobody that knows James is taking anything you have to say seriously. All you're doing is alienating yourself and making yourself look like an ass.

DCF - PROUD{/i] moderator at www.eddievanhalen.com

alex

Post by alex » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:06 am

dude, writing something like THIS, it would be good if you could give us your friend's name.
Otherwise, this looks just like a load of c*ap, at least for me.
I know james and have a few of his axes.
NEVER one of it was wrong. not a bit.
sheesh....

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:13 pm

alex wrote:dude, writing something like THIS, it would be good if you could give us your friend's name.
Otherwise, this looks just like a load of c*ap, at least for me.
I know james and have a few of his axes.
NEVER one of it was wrong. not a bit.
sheesh....
his name is acott and he is registered here and at eddievanhalen.com as king of strings.you should PM scott before buying any guitars from james aka frankenstraat!just a warning!

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:27 am

here is what my friend scott just posted at the eddievanhalen forum.it may not be up there long,because frankennut is a moderator and will prob delete it!!

(I had no intention of making my position public as I had initially told James Duffy; however, since he is making statements publicly about our transactions that are untrue, I feel compelled to respond.

I paid for an EVH pickup (like the one James refers to in Pyramesh’s guitar) I was willing to accept a less expensive Gibson Burstbucker Pro w/Alnico 5 magnet. He supplied an even cheaper Classic 57 w/Alnico 2 magnet. And yes, these are two “different” model pickups offered by Gibson. Anyone arguing that they’re the same is either inept or lying.

I paid for a new wide profile 22 fret neck 1 11/16” at the nut. He gave me a thin profile used neck 1 5/8” at the nut. This was re-fretted and re-worked from 21 to 22 frets instead of supplying what was originally specified.

I paid for Schaller tuning machines made in Germany. I received cheap Korean Gin Ho (sp) tuners and was told that this change was made because Schaller’s “wouldn’t fit the ream holes of the used neck”. This was another unwelcome surprise.

The next day I noticed dead spots on the fret board when playing. A trip back to James and this was explained as “a few frets popping up that needed to be put back into place”.

A few days after that, the dead spots returned. This time it was explained that the “frets weren’t initially crowned”. This was done and re-done over the course of two more visits back to James.

I paid for a vintage 80s original Floyd Rose and none of the pickups or hardware were to be rusted per my specs. The hardware he supplied, i.e., eyebolts, pickups and 5-position switch were rusted. I find his excuse that he supplied a “new” Floyd because I didn’t want any rusted hardware amusing – This is obviously a “selective” defense that he only applies as needed.

Next the guitar wouldn’t stay in tune when the bar was used. Subsequent trips back to James to overcome this problem involved screwing the claw into the body all of the way and when that wasn’t enough to fix it, the tines of the claw were bent inward instead of just installing better quality springs.

That remedy didn’t last long and it was back to James for more repairs. The trem springs were replaced this time with a heavier gauge to create proper tension with the strings because it was pulling sharp even though it was “top-mounted”.

By October, it had been nearly two months of back and forth and I decided to take the guitar to a professional luthier. He examined it and quickly determined that the nut was moving out of place every time the bar was used, causing it to go out of tune.

He advised me to return to James and have him perform the repairs or get a refund.

I gave James an ultimatum fix it per my builder’s findings or refund my money. I even wrote out clear instructions for him to follow with regard to the “issues” we had been arguing about.

James decided to replace the nut with an 80s “original” Floyd Rose, which he said was “better machined” than the one he originally supplied and had more threads on the screws”. This didn’t work and he returned to the old nut because even shimming the new one would hold it in proper alignment. He flooded the bed with crazy glue and re-installed the original nut. After that he kept blaming “bent strings” for the problem, which I had him change several times to no avail.

He promised a one to two week turn-a-round and the whole experience lasted three months before I had it repaired by a professional luthier.

A refund was demanded, but somehow cash was always a problem for James, e.g., “couldn’t cash the money order sent by another customer because it wasn’t the right kind for his check-cashing place”, “ATM wouldn’t dispense enough money when I went to get it for you”, dog ate my homework, blah, blah, blah………..

Too bad it was my 300lbs. that forced James Duffy to perform countless repairs and to cut me a deal on a second guitar in order to compensate me for the time wasted in pursuit of his deficiencies as a builder. It should have been character that motivated him.

Scott )
here is the link!!!
http://www.eddievanhalen.com/cgi-bin/in ... num=676996