What happened to the life of this place?

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

vanhalen5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: What happened to the life of this place?

Post by vanhalen5150 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 am

Here I am!

:shred:
12000 Metro Kit

mapat

Post by mapat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am

vanhalen5150 wrote:Here I am!

Woohoo! vh5150 is back! :thumbsup:

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:11 am

Shannon just knows that he's going to be snow bound in his house very soon with nothing else to do than hang out with us losers! :lol:

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:47 am

RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

jnew

Post by jnew » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:19 am

JimiJames wrote:Image
And there's JimiJames with those funny little emo thingies. :thumbsup:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Strat78 wrote:

Shannon just knows that he's going to be snow bound in his house very soon with nothing else to do than hang out with us losers! :lol:
Don't you people down there have turkey and angry shopping stuff to do?
12000 Metro Kit

jnew

Post by jnew » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Yep. But I also have a wife. :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am

I am still out here pokin around but not deep lately. I go from no kids at 40yrs old, to a 25 year old daughter, to a grandpa x2. Yes the math is correct :wink: All in the blink of an eye over night about two months ago :shock: So I been REAL busy this last couple months!! Bdays, Christmas shoppin, etc :lol: Its fricken awesome!! :mrgreen: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

jnew

Post by jnew » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:00 am

Wow. That's a game changer for sure. Awesome for you. 8)

Zakmichael

Post by Zakmichael » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Anybody know where Dave Friedman goes through the VH specs. I haven't been able to find it. Thanks

plexified

Post by plexified » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:52 pm

I guess the time this whole board went down was catastrophic. Also we have slowly lost the status of guitar heroes actually walking the earth . Instead of being larger than life superheroes they now just walk the earth. Sad for sure and even the loss of the entire world of rock is taking place. Why ? J , maybe the question is bigger . Rock seems dead , music seems hijacked.

Personally , I took a good six month hiatus to deal with some personal loss stuff and although I could load my ears with Pandora and I Heart streamed Rock and Metal endlessly , a platform seems to have been lost. I know from my perspective which is a musician first , an investigative journalist second a lot is going on . I have a great theory about the implosion of not only music as we know it from the perspective as we knew it but film also . Life has surpassed the ability of imagination with film and movies but that should not be the case with music , life goes on and musicians still feel and write and perform. But venues to play have vanished and its actually easier than ever to have your music heard.

But the pirating of art has been at an all time high. Bit Torrent downloads are a scary method for art to be stolen for free , and its for a reason. The Gov allowed it to happen for a reason. Freeway Ricky Ross and his story is the key here. Its a huge wrap your mind around story. I will just kick that out their for some food for thought and if we don't get enough bites , I will fill it in for you. TImes have changed and this concept will blow your mind and it all makes sense. When you wrap your mind around it . It starts with the Drugs and the government. And it concludes to where we are now.

What does it matter to just a bunch of guys and gals hanging out just talking amps and tones ? I know , it should not matter much , but I think it does . I noticed a huge global event going on relating to art and just our simple lives. It happened behind our backs and its deep , but if you all want to know the real answer , I will do it . But think about it for a while .

rescue94

Post by rescue94 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:00 am

Rockstah passed away, that's what happened to the life of the vh forums. The guy was the best player/amp guru around.

jnew

Post by jnew » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:29 am

Marks passing is unfortunate and sad. And although he is missed, that was not the reason for the decline in activity here. There was a lot of activity still going on after that time.

echoplexi1974

Post by echoplexi1974 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 am

rescue94 wrote:Rockstah passed away, that's what happened to the life of the vh forums. The guy was the best player/amp guru around.
So true.

plexified

Post by plexified » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello All .
yes the loss of Mark was a huge gut punch . He was not only an increadible guitar player that we all know here was above the rest and in keeping with that thought he really was above . He was a master builder and digestive person of all information . I had a few conversations with him that blew my mind. Primarily because I was shocked that we were on the exact same page. Together we were in tune not only with music , Ed and building and experimenting but with politics and exactly what I was eluding to .
I got myself into a lot of trouble with my investigative journalism. So much so I care not to expand on more than I will do so now. First , Mark was in search of the truth of why we are here , just like myself. And we exchanged massive ideas on amps and why they do what they do , music and what it has impressed upon us and all along the way it was like the coolest feeling talking with a person that truly is in tune with this stuff , like so many of you all . Like Jimi , and Strat and Shannon and George and Jim and so , so many that could encompass a huge page , lets just say ALL OF YOU! When we talked about old cars we got into family and that was heavy too , but country was just as immense . Mark was a patriot and man we drove that into the fretboard so to speak . So in that spirit I will continue my point . Not using Mark as a focal point , but to use my comments as all of us being altered in some way by the initial point of my reason the slowdown of the board.
First and formemost we as musicians are more in tune with fine spiritual nuances than most. That being said its because of our pituitary gland that we still have in tune with our lives. It lets us focus in on life and whats important to us . These days we see the decay of our world. No hiding it , just addressing it .
So without getting too political I will be pointed . As I said I am an investigative journalist and my goal was to find out what the truth actually is . I am a musician first and its my life. Along the way , the journalism almost cost me my life and to be again pointed lets talk briefly and as pointed as I can tap dance to this.
Our government developed weaponized media. The television , the exploration of control and its plan. Long ago back to the early 1900's Drugs were brougnt out of the back pocket to control . They were introduced into the population for a reason with media. Movies , music and programming. Think of a person being hypnotized with a coin on a chain altering light and then a fluorescent lightbulb and a tv screen. Control of us is very simple . Freeway Ricky Ross was used as a tool , the best model of drug sales and modeled , encarcerated and held. When he was used up he was let out. He was unsupervised and united with the best answer to his survival and truth. He learned quickly to survive further he would have to be famous. Too famous to harm . Bring in alter ego Rick Ross. Rick now holds the key to the full story and Ricky surviving. He has written books wich are amazing and a move called American Gangster tells of a previous person 'Frank' who did the same as a disimformation campaign, although true. Truth flies in your face. The perversions introduced into societies and cultures these days are so profound they are just truth begging to be believed ,but they will not be . Because the programmings is just like a simple story I tell without intention to be bad.
I used to tell my x wife when I went to strip clubs and had dancers on my lap begging me to lick the candy off their lips. She laughed and said I was crazy . But It was true. So true , that I even was given a drivers liscence when I was sixteen that made me 22. The first thing I did was go to a strip club. We just laugh at the truth its so insane these days. The cultures have been so defrauded and intentionally pointed towards extinction cultures , entire cultures refuse to see the obvious crimes.
So , I am barely alive , because I almost went ahead to try to expose stuff and was positioned to die. In several occasions. And since I backed down and chose to live , I can write this , and know the executioners fear not for us stupid musicians. But I think poor Mark simply could not handle the heart break anymore. He was to me a massive lightning rod of a musician that was almost carrying the truth on his back and he went as far as he could. Jimi is going to be heart broken with my description and he will understand , and Jimi , I did not want to bring Mark into this , but its in the revelry for his acknowledgement of goodness and that's not far from greatness my friend . We can only just put our souls into our spirits for music and friendships and live our lives. Love our loved ones and tell them what they mean to us , and in this forum we can show them by the music we make and celebrate it daily with the greatest tones in the world we worked so damn hard ~TOGETHER~to create. And , damn if I say it , WE ARE NOT DONE YET! TUNE IN , TUNE UP , TURN UP AND ROCK THIS FUCKING WORLD!