Metro Jam

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:47 pm

St August wrote:Thanks Guys ..I do have a bit of homework to do.. Nuendo isnt the easist to figure out But Ill just have to do some more reading and experimenting.. :)
You're miles ahead of me trying to deal with recording software, my friend!!! If you'd seen me trying to trim tracks down to only the necessary length you would have been snickering when I wasn't looking!!!

So we had a few sync issues....overall I think the mixed track sound was pretty damn pro!! :!:

St August

Post by St August » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:26 am

Its all good guys :wink: Thanks

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:01 am

Well a 21 page thread...think of the sense of community you've built! :D

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:33 am

St August wrote:Thanks Guys ..I do have a bit of homework to do.. Nuendo isnt the easist to figure out But Ill just have to do some more reading and experimenting.. :)
Try Pro Tools as your first foray into the digital domain.... LOTS of reading.
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

St August

Post by St August » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:34 pm

NitroLiq wrote:Well a 21 page thread...think of the sense of community you've built! :D
Shouldnt that be "WE" :wink:

St August

Post by St August » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:35 pm

NY Chief wrote:
Try Pro Tools as your first foray into the digital domain.... LOTS of reading.
No THANKS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:51 pm

St August wrote:
NitroLiq wrote:Well a 21 page thread...think of the sense of community you've built! :D
Shouldnt that be "WE" :wink:
(In my best Phil Hartman as Ed McMann voice) "YES!!! YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!!" :D

45auto

Post by 45auto » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:01 am

does pro tools work on pc's? i've never seen the thing. (Loooongg time cubase user...)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:37 am

Yes, it does.

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 pm

45auto wrote:does pro tools work on pc's? i've never seen the thing. (Loooongg time cubase user...)
on Mac and PC's indeed it does.

rockstah
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by rockstah » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:36 pm

45auto

Post by 45auto » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:35 pm

very cool Mark, I do alot of drum stuff with samples off a little set of drum pads.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:26 pm

I've seen Nuendo workarounds using detect silence or detect hitpoints for stuff like this. The nuendo forum has an interesting discussion on this and a step-by-step.

http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

TBH, I haven't done much editing like this...when i used to write jungle/drum'n'bass type stuff, I used to use Recycle for beat editing. Now, for writing purposes, I use a couple Spectrasonics CD-ROMs with groove control....guys like gregg bissonette and others laying down song parts, verses, choruses, fills, etc...mix and match...change the tempo. Otherwise I just program beats myself and start moving/nudging snares and kicks back and forth to get the feel I want...sometimes I'll use a song as a guide track and line up the beats to it. I learned that from a producer once...i was assisting a recording session and this guy had re-made "Magical Mystery Tour" for Blockbuster Videos in FL...this guys was a Beatles nut so he did the same thing...lined every drum up not-for-note in PT to match Ringo's...er...un-quantized drumming.

St August

Post by St August » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:14 pm

NitroLiq wrote:I've seen Nuendo workarounds using detect silence or detect hitpoints for stuff like this. The nuendo forum has an interesting discussion on this and a step-by-step.

http://www.nuendo.com/phpbb2/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

TBH, I haven't done much editing like this...when i used to write jungle/drum'n'bass type stuff, I used to use Recycle for beat editing. Now, for writing purposes, I use a couple Spectrasonics CD-ROMs with groove control....guys like gregg bissonette and others laying down song parts, verses, choruses, fills, etc...mix and match...change the tempo. Otherwise I just program beats myself and start moving/nudging snares and kicks back and forth to get the feel I want...sometimes I'll use a song as a guide track and line up the beats to it. I learned that from a producer once...i was assisting a recording session and this guy had re-made "Magical Mystery Tour" for Blockbuster Videos in FL...this guys was a Beatles nut so he did the same thing...lined every drum up not-for-note in PT to match Ringo's...er...un-quantized drumming.
Oh yeah Baby Im up for that :wink: