Metroamp is Fantastic!!!

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

SweetPickleSalad

Metroamp is Fantastic!!!

Post by SweetPickleSalad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Just feel I have to share my experience with George and co.

It all started few months or so ago. I ordered a BBRI PTP Board kit from Metroamp. The description of the kit clearly stated that the kit didn't come with precise instructions, but back then I thought how hard can it be reading a schematic. Hmmm... turned out to be a bit more complex than I thought and I had to study some to get things started.

Wasn't able to figure out how to do things myself so I asked George and this forum for help. George engaged Nitroliq who designed the new Board Layout and Wiring Diagram, George discovered some inconsistencies and then SDM came along with the finishing touches, so soon there will be a new ptp board layout and an easy to follow wiring diagram along with this kit for future customers. :D

With all the help I got, I got the amp up, running and sounding really well. I wasn't too pleased with the state my ptp board was in after all the beating it had taken from my part when starting over completely a couple of times, and then some more desoldering and changes along the way. So I figured I should buy a new ptp board and do things properly the first time around so my amp would turn out to be as proper, neat and tidy as possible.
Wrote an e-mail to George and asked if it was possible to buy just the board. George replied to me, gave me a new board for free and on top of that he appologized that he hadn't been able to find the time to help me out, which is by far more than he needed to do.

I guess what I am trying to say is that Metroamp treats their customers fantastically. When I first bought the kit I was fully aware of the fact that it didn't come with complete instructions. So with my shortcomings when it comes to reading schematics I would be here today with a non working amp with a beat up PTP Board if it wasn't for all the help I got along the way.
In this day and age companies like Metroamp are rare and hard to come by, I mean how many companies would go the extra mile and then some, to help their customers out like this.

This made me reminiscing something my old management teacher in college used to say, "When running a company, being good pays" and I really hope this is true for Metroamp.

Thanks for all the help guys and keep up the good work!

/Fredrik

mwm523

Re: Metroamp is Fantastic!!!

Post by mwm523 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Amen. MetroAmp rules. Top notch products and service, and the best, most helpful online community there is!
-Mike

Tone_Chaser

Post by Tone_Chaser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:32 am

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know what that last post was about.

I have to add my praise for George & the community here. Everyone I've dealt with has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Lots of knowledge and helpful people here.
Barry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonechaser/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://swiftkik.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://lyin-eyes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jcmjmp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by jcmjmp » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:03 am

Tone_Chaser wrote: I have to add my praise for George & the community here. Everyone I've dealt with has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Lots of knowledge and helpful people here.

+1

Fido
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Fido » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Shucks, guys...

Maybe it's that time of year, maybe it's the quart of eggnog talkin',
but MetroAmp couldn't do what we do without our customers, our pals,
our comrades-in-amps...we love you, man!
As some of you who've talked to me on the phone can attest, your
not-so-humble servant Fido is but a guitar owner with a
pseudo-Marshall, a drummer by trade who luckily, thanks to 20+ years of
backline dwellage, appreciates good tone & those who pursue it. And
I've known George about as long as I've been gigging, so maybe it's no
accident I ended up here. But one thing he & I had in common well
before MetroAmp is the notion that nice guys don't always finish last.
The golden rule of business (specifically customer service) is, well,
The Golden Rule. Thanx for noticing how much it means to us, personally
& professionally. And thanx for sharing your hard-earned wampum &
wisdom in our store & on our forum...we're in this together. Happy
holidays!
Fido Kennington
Exile On 12th Street
http://www.bullhonky.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks a million guys! We are very small, but very dedicated. I have been fortunate have people like Fido, Curt and Aaron become a part of Metroamp. They truly care and are devoted to great products and service. That's invaluable.

I appreciate the praise, but I know that things sometimes fall through the cracks. Especially this December when our kit sale took off. The BB board has needed my attention for a long time, I should have solved these issues a long time ago. These are the areas where I feel we need to do better.

Also, anyone who has any issues with orders, tech support etc, please let us know and give an opportunity to meet your needs and/or correct mistakes that happen. We want your business, we want you happy and we take this personally.

Here's to a prosperous 2009!

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 pm

i remember buying a board from george off of ebay for my reis plexi,long before this forum started.i had problems with the install,george spent hours on the phone with me trying to help me fix the problems.it got to the point where george was like i will meet you half way and we can get your amp straighten out.He lived 5 hours away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i cant say enough great thinhs about this forum.when my daughte passed away george and the forum sent me flower to the funeral home.this is the best forum on the net period!!!george,your the greatest!!!!
stan
R.I.P My precious daughter Aubrey Marie May 20th to May 23rd 2006,we love and miss you!
My EVH sound clips.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7782093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;