New here and considering to buy a Metro jtm 45

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

rafke182

New here and considering to buy a Metro jtm 45

Post by rafke182 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello Everybody,

I'm Raf and i live in Belgium (Europe) and i'm seeking for a good jtm 45 so i came to here to check out the forum about the jtm 45 that George offers.

Have some questions about it all, here goes ...

1.How much would it cost me totally to get a metro jtm 45 over here (amp,fedex and maybe taxes that have to be payed?)

2.How can i pay, don't have visa and i don't like paypall because i heart bad things off it.

3.Can i transcribe the money to Metro's account?

4.Have i got some garanty i'll get it? (never bought something on the net before)

5.Big Udo Pipper fan so would i go for the OT PT from george or MM? or only OT from MM?

6.Caps regular or sozo? (udo doesn't like the sozo much)

Could be i have some more questions in the future.

Ps i play blues with a Gibson R8 like allman and so on

Thanks allready

jctaudiodesigns
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New here and considering to buy a Metro jtm 45

Post by jctaudiodesigns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi rafke182,

Welcome to the forum and to your new addiction, building amps. I almost guarantee that after you build the first one, you will want more!

Most of the questions you asked have been answered on this forum, so you should do a little surfing to get your answers. About half of the question you asked are really personal preference, like the cap question. I would start off with the caps that the amp ships with then change them and see what happens to the sound.

As to any guaranty that you will actually get the amp, I will let George answer that but I have never heard of anyone not getting there amp.

Have fun!
"If your not learning, your not living"
JCT 8000 100 Watt
Boogie Mark 4

Froumy

Post by Froumy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

Greetings!

I thought UDO enjoyed Marstran trannies(not MM). Radio Spare OT version wound up his favorite because it was little more Hi-fi, but liked the 103 as well. I could be wrong. Didn't know he wasn't a sozo fan. I like them. Caps, trannies, speakers are always a personal preference, but some inevitably are enjoyed by more.

I built a non-metro kit, and wish I had just gone with the Metro. Lots of guys happy with stock. Great place to start. Of course, you may turn into a chronic tinkerer....For some of us that is inevitable.

Good luck. I hope you go for it. (Ohh yeah. Have some Belgian in me, as well. :wink: (Grandfather))

Roe

Post by Roe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 am

rafke182 wrote:Hello Everybody,

1.How much would it cost me totally to get a metro jtm 45 over here (amp,fedex and maybe taxes that have to be payed?)

2.How can i pay, don't have visa and i don't like paypall because i heart bad things off it.

3.Can i transcribe the money to Metro's account?

4.Have i got some garanty i'll get it? (never bought something on the net before)

5.Big Udo Pipper fan so would i go for the OT PT from george or MM? or only OT from MM?

6.Caps regular or sozo? (udo doesn't like the sozo much)

1. 950 usd + 250-300 for shipping. dont ask me about local taxes :wink:
2-3. ask metro - send a mail
4 yes if you insure the shipment.
5 you need the marstran RS OT and his PT. ask metro about a quote for the kit without transformers. using marstran transformers will increase the costs a tad - esp. shipping (roughly 40usd)
6 sozos or old mustards
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:27 am

Sozo's are great. They've got a lot more going on than the standard Mallories for sure. I don't think there's anything better available new. The only other option for me is NOS mustards.

BTW, paypal is fine and perfectly safe when dealing with reputable people, and George and the boys are top drawer!

The only time I've heard of people having paypal issues are when dealing with the risky world of E-bay! :evil: though I haven't had any myself and I'm fairly experienced with e-bay.
But again the big paypal risks are to sellers, not buyers.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

novosibir

Post by novosibir » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:54 am

rafke182 wrote:5.Big Udo Pipper fan so would i go for the OT PT from george or MM? or only OT from MM?
Udo's favorite OT's for the JTM45 are the Marstran from Brian Wallace (what's also my personal fav.) and the RS clone from another guy, whose name by some reason shouldn't be mentioned here anymore. Both are side by side on the 1-st place after Udo's opinion.
rafke182 wrote:6.Caps regular or sozo? (udo doesn't like the sozo much)
Udo wasn't very much convinced by the regular SoZos, but the SoZo Premium (Vintage) are other animals :wink: and again my favs. for a JTM45 build.

Larry
The fault almost always is sitting in front of the amp :wink:

Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery