BOYCOTT UPS!!!

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

joshwilson3

Post by joshwilson3 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:15 am

Yeah, I like FedEx.

flemingmras
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by flemingmras » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:14 pm

Can you believe THIS bullshit!?

OK so UPS rescheduled the delivery date for the 11th since the Flint
facility somehow lost track of the package. I'm waiting...waiting..waiting...around 3:15PM I check the tracking info.
Address was wrong so I called them. They just needed the apartment number,
so I made the correction. They have my local facility call me, and they told
me that they had the corrected address, they had notified the driver of the
corrected info, and told me that the driver will be here before 8PM.

8PM rolls around and.......YEP! You guessed it! No fucking package!

WTF!!?? So I called them this morning and for some fucking reason they can't
give me ANY fucking answers as to why they dropped the ball!!!

Can you believe THIS bullshit!?

However, I FINALLY got the package today. Great looking case...now I just need to build a purple stack to match it. However, George never told me I'd need a jackhammer to get through all the fuckin' packing tape he put on there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

SchrammGuitars.com

Post by SchrammGuitars.com » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:40 pm

I only use FedEx when shipping my handcrafted guitars to my customers. I usually use 1 or 2 day express. Another reason I use FedEx is that their vehicles are white which means they do not absorb heat like those "brown' vehicles do. With fragile items such as guitars heat is a big consideration when shipping. I've never had a problem with FedEx, but I have with UPS and DHL when shipping my guitars.

45auto

Post by 45auto » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:38 pm

my last strawS too... i officially boycott ups (pronounced OOPS) God, too many botches to list, & they really won't lift a finger to make it better as has been stated.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=559714" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... t=1980.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

saborthw

Post by saborthw » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:10 pm

My headbox for my 69 kit vaporized in the hands of UPS, it never made the trip. George sent the second one USPS it was here in 3 days go figure,
UPS does SUCK...... Boycott UPS.... Im with you guys !!!

Regards

Scott
Gear
59 LP, 1956 Custom Shop Strat, 50 wattt Mesa Stiletto Ace 1X12 combo , Protools OO2 R. 12XXX 68 Series Metro Plexi. 1960 BHW 4X12

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:03 pm

The company I work for does a lot of work on rocket nozzles and the like. Well we're talking mucho bucks here on just the raw materials for some of these, not to mention the cost of the work. Anyway the thing was being shipped UPS Red and of course what do they do? LOSE it. We're talking thousands of dollars, and they are like...oops sorry. The nozzle was never found, but it was insured and they did pay. They did piss and moan the whole time though. :D
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

JD

Post by JD » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:27 am

I always use FedEx whenever possible. UPS is a bunch of drooling retards. Ever try their 800 number for customer service? Talk about the bottom of the barrell fuckin waterheads. I could write about bad UPS experiences all night. A few highlights that come to mind:

- UPS driver "rolling" a vintage 4x12 end over end up the driveway, crushing all corner wood into splinters.
- The all too common "revised" delivery date (you guessed it, later never earlier).
- Ever try to schedule a pickup for a certain time window? Web site says you can do it. Heck, you're lucky if they come on the day scheduled.
- Hung up on by 800 CS when being "transferred" or put on hold to "pull up the info". Seems the best way to deal with customers is transfer them around or hang up enough times for them to just give up.
- Just being arrogant condescending ASSHOLES. Period. Like delivering packages is some sort of celebrity job and they are doing you a favor by even showing up.
- Requiring signatures for items that should be left no questions asked.
- Attempting deliveries and pickups at 2:00 PM when 90% of people are at work (and re-attempting at the same time 2 more consecutive days even after leaving a note every single delivery attempt that clearly states you work for a fucking living 1st shift).

Whew, I feel better. :roll:

white room

Post by white room » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:43 am

We have problems with UPS on a regular basis where I work.
Our I.T. dept. is always ordering new monitors, servers, etc and it's amazing to see the condition of some of these boxes when they arrive and they are stuffed to the hilt with packaging material and still UPS manages to damage the equipment.
The word FRAGILE, or it's definition, is apparently not mentioned anywhere in the UPS employee handbook.

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:30 am

Here's a story for ya...My wife and I had ordered a kitchen table and rug from Sears when we first got married and it was to be delivered via UPS. So, they try to ship it but I'm at work so we get the "will try again the following day" notice. I take the day off from work the following day and they dont show up. Go back to work the next day and they try to deliver it again. Pissed. Call them to make sure they're going to to deliver it the day after...they say "Yes." My wife stays home this time....they never show up. I call them again and start getting pissed as we're having to take days off to sit around and wait for them not to show. A week later we finally get the table/chairs...and no rug. Had to take another day off to wait for the rug. Aaaaand, if that wasn't enough nonsense, the table we bought was this "pivot" table that you could swing it out to fit 6 people.....the 2 x 4" for the pivot was all mangled and broken.

UPS is a bunch of 'nad hangers.

jerrydyer

I AGREE

Post by jerrydyer » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:04 pm

I AGREE Stupid union jerks.

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:03 pm

white room wrote: The word FRAGILE, or it's definition, is apparently not mentioned anywhere in the UPS employee handbook.
In fact, in my experience its not a good idea to even put taht on a box because it invites the kiddies who work there to choose your package to fuck with since yours is more likely to break.

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:08 pm

I know, it's a joke. I swear the shipping companies have come together in a plot to run me out of business.

Even the postal service, which is usually somewhat reliable, delivered some overnighted tubes- a day late and flat as a pancake.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Bluesbishop

Post by Bluesbishop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:14 pm

I hate UPS myself..I had a nightmare waiting for a Les Paul from a LP forum delaler. I was leaving for the Bahamas and the UPS tracker said it was gonna be a morning delievery....well morning came, afternoon came...no friggin guitar! At this point I'm freaking Out because I'm gonna be out of the country for 10 days...and i didn't want a my Lester getting damaged in a warehouse, or worse!

I called UPS...jerked me around for hours...I had a neighbor 1 block over who worked for UPS, I went to his home after I seen he was home (about 5:45) told him what was happening. He went back to the shop....found my guitar and brought it to me...He gave me great service , but ups....NEVER again!! I only ship Fed ex now
O Christ, our hearts are yours; possess them always and only for Yourself.

white room

Post by white room » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Billy Batz wrote:
white room wrote: The word FRAGILE, or it's definition, is apparently not mentioned anywhere in the UPS employee handbook.
In fact, in my experience its not a good idea to even put taht on a box because it invites the kiddies who work there to choose your package to fuck with since yours is more likely to break.
Dan,
I guess your damned if you do, damned if you don't but your right, if some guy's ol'lady made him sleep on the couch the night before then he's going to look for a marked package the next day to take it out on :roll:

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:23 pm

FWIW, Ive seen and heard just as much bad stuff about FedEx but yeah, theyre my preference as well. On the whole.

I usually dont put the blame on the drivers. For one theres so many seasonal and full time teenagers doing the loading and scanning jobs and they never have to deliver anything to anyones face. An exception is the one story Im almost positive I mustve mentioned when this thread was posted like 2 years ago which I had an eyewitness account of a driver damaging my package with an amp inside on purpose because he was pissed he had to carry it from my side door and not my front.