Metroamp store closed temporarily.

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

neikeel

Re: Metroamp store closed temporarily.

Post by neikeel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Great to see 8)
Neil

johan
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by johan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I haven't ready through the whole thread so I ave to ask - no more options?
I have all transformers and caps already.

Earplayer

Post by Earplayer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

i would like to buy a 50w 1987 with fx-loop.... :?

will there be any 50w ´68 replicas too?

Cheech

Post by Cheech » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I have been out of the loop for quite some time. The last time I heard about George his plans were to move near Memphis in a year.

I heard you stopped selling stuff in the store. Small stuff that you can not make money on. I had a idea. George and Metroamp has to buy this stuff anyway for their kits regardless if they sell it separately or not. I assume George and Metroamp has to order this stuff from supply houses too. I think it would be a neat idea to have George post links to the pieces and parts that he deems "George Approved!". Maybe just like check on the cereal box? George Approved! One and only!

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:18 am

Glad to see things are coming along! :D

Cheech, there's actually a topic with "George approved" sources, as this was brought up previously.
The link is probably somewhere in this thread if you look back.

Edit:
Here ya go.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

Jrw8214

Post by Jrw8214 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:23 pm

George,
When you bring the kits back, will you have the option of assembling them like you did previously? Im no amp tech by any means and id have to have to search out someone everytime i buy a kit to put it together for me.

Jacob

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Jrw8214 wrote:George,
When you bring the kits back, will you have the option of assembling them like you did previously? Im no amp tech by any means and id have to have to search out someone everytime i buy a kit to put it together for me.

Jacob
I'm pretty sure the answer to that is going to be no. Since George now only has Dave working for him, and George is busy building his own Metropoulous amps, it's almost certain that there won't be the built option. The only way will be to buy the Metropoulos version :D , rather than the Metroamp kit.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Jrw8214

Post by Jrw8214 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm

demonufo wrote: I'm pretty sure the answer to that is going to be no. Since George now only has Dave working for him, and George is busy building his own Metropoulous amps, it's almost certain that there won't be the built option. The only way will be to buy the Metropoulos version :D , rather than the Metroamp kit.

That would suck because i cant afford the Metropoulos versions

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 pm

You really don't have to be an amp tech to build a kit. Just get some soldering practice in, buy a decent iron, and a decent multimeter, and just follow the instructions to the letter.

Trust me, it ain't difficult. :wink:You just need patience.

jbutler

Post by jbutler » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Jrw8214 wrote:
demonufo wrote: I'm pretty sure the answer to that is going to be no. Since George now only has Dave working for him, and George is busy building his own Metropoulous amps, it's almost certain that there won't be the built option. The only way will be to buy the Metropoulos version :D , rather than the Metroamp kit.

That would suck because i cant afford the Metropoulos versions

+1

Seriously..... read up and learn, (BE SAFE!!!) have some patience, take your time with it and you'll be very happy you did it yourself..... it's really worth the effort.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:07 pm

jbutler wrote:Seriously..... read up and learn, (BE SAFE!!!) have some patience, take your time with it and you'll be very happy you did it yourself..... it's really worth the effort.
And you will enjoy your amp all the more because of it. You get this enormous sense of pride in your achievements, believe me. Even after several builds. Despite doing quite a lot of work inside all things electrical, I'm always amazed that stuff works by my hands, and it never ceases to give me a huge grin.

Jrw8214

Post by Jrw8214 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Id love to be able to but i just dont think i have it in me. I tried modding a silverface champ once with a kit and i looked at the instructions and its like i went blank. Plus, i know it sounds very silly but im concerned about accidently shocking myself. I already have a...i dont want to say bad heart, but it definately isnt healthy for a 26 year old.

jbutler

Post by jbutler » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:21 pm

demonufo wrote:
jbutler wrote:Seriously..... read up and learn, (BE SAFE!!!) have some patience, take your time with it and you'll be very happy you did it yourself..... it's really worth the effort.
And you will enjoy your amp all the more because of it. You get this enormous sense of pride in your achievements, believe me. Even after several builds. Despite doing quite a lot of work inside all things electrical, I'm always amazed that stuff works by my hands, and it never ceases to give me a huge grin.
Absolutely..... in fact, at this point, unless I found an amazing deal on a vintage, I wouldn't even think of buying an amp retail.... I'd just do the research and build whatever I wanted.

jbutler

Post by jbutler » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Jrw8214 wrote:Id love to be able to but i just dont think i have it in me. I tried modding a silverface champ once with a kit and i looked at the instructions and its like i went blank. Plus, i know it sounds very silly but im concerned about accidently shocking myself. I already have a...i dont want to say bad heart, but it definately isnt healthy for a 26 year old.
OK, if you don't feel safe, that's another story and you shouldn't do it....... but if you ever DO feel comfortable, consider it......

PS I LOVE silver face Champs!

Jrw8214

Post by Jrw8214 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Yea thats my main concern. Im sure if i took my time and went slow like you guys suggest i might be able to. But i just dont feel safe doing it. I know that sounds wimpy.....