Anyone else still waiting for a Metro Plexi?

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

dnatronic

Anyone else still waiting for a Metro Plexi?

Post by dnatronic » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:29 pm

I ordered my '68 plexi in August and I'm still waiting. I spoke with Clark and he said it would be another 5 or 6 weeks. I'm just wondering if there are any others out there also in the same boat as me and waiting for their amps? Maybe we can form a support group. :lol:

I guess I just feel like commiserating today. And the debacle with the Rockies Word Series tickets sure isn't helping either. Let's not even mention the Huskers . . . :(

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 pm

5 or 6 weeks is a very cautious estimate. It should be much sooner than that.

I did take this week to dedicate only to the 50 watt kit. But next week I'll be back to building.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:28 am

dna...I know it's tough to wait but the wait will be worth it. Hang tough, you'll be beyond mucho happy when you plug that baby in and burn! Wait 'till you see a "George" build up close in person. Top shelf all the way!
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

cole

Post by cole » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:57 pm

I second that - I stared at the build I have from George for two hours straight over few cups of tea. Orange head case to boot!

BTW, my Metro built 12 Series s/n 12026 is a beautiful sounding amp - very EVH. I can't believe the straight-up 68 spec is the magic that it is. It is absolutely priceless in tone. I had mine built using 1963 year NOS mustards. Kick arse brown tones!!!

I will be buying two more George built 68's - just because I think that spec and his build is the finest bar none!

Hint: This amp LOVES weak PAF's (I use WCR's) - I gang both channels and volumes are maxed. F*ckin' blow my load :shock: everytime I play Unchained with the 400v setting!!!!!!

George's clips cannot do the amp justice in comparison to playing in person.
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:47 pm

cole wrote:F*ckin' blow my load :shock: everytime I play Unchained with the 400v setting!!!!!!
Can George use that line for his official amp reviews on the site? 8)

yngwie308

Post by yngwie308 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:53 pm

I agree cole, George's amps were everything I knew they would be, when I experienced them in person.
On Friday night at the show, I reached over and touched the Metro JTM 45 and laughingly remarked "Wow I'm touching a real Metro.!" :lol:
The quality of the builds and material and most importantly the tone of the amps is absolutely superb and words fail me to describe how great they are.
It is fortunate that George is the type of person he is, dedicated to his goal and vision of great tone for us all, as at the show, watching guys plug in to the Metro's, they would look like, it was the best tone ever.
Yet guys didn't seem to want to buy, it was discouraging to me and it's not even my business, yet George carries on with as much dedication and enthusiasm for his craft, God Bless him.
To be frank, I wasn't interested in any other amplifiers at the La Noize show, I was happiest in the Metro room, like a port in a storm, it was worth driving over 14 hours in a 24 hour period and having to sleep Friday night in my car, as I had limited funds, but i wasn't going to miss a chance to hear Metro's and meet George, seriously, I was major impressed and that is not easy for me with amps.
I am happy for all you Metro customers, what a wonderful thing you have to look forward too, the arrival of a tone monster!
I look forward to the day that I will join you all... :D

yngwie308
http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Electric ... evens.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:33 pm

Billy Batz wrote:
cole wrote:F*ckin' blow my load :shock: everytime I play Unchained with the 400v setting!!!!!!
Well I was gonna say "It will burn the hair off your ass"

Is that good for second, Danny? :lol:
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

dnatronic

Post by dnatronic » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:40 pm

Thanks guys! I know it will be more than worth the wait. I'm being tortured by all the sound clips. I heard the first few seconds of the '68 clip on you tube and instantly knew the mojo was there, baby. Patience is a virtue . . . 8)

Billy Batz

Post by Billy Batz » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:42 pm

NY Chief wrote:
Billy Batz wrote:
Well I was gonna say "It will burn the hair off your ass"

Is that good for second, Danny? :lol:
Why not?

cole

Post by cole » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 pm

I waited a while dna..like two months on the backordered tranny from Heyboer.

George...the way he builds these is like a jeweler cutting a diamond's angles. His lead dress and attention to detail is THE world standard.

Also kinda nice that I popped out of the sac in '68 so I am 39 years old playing a 39 year old spec. :lol:

Worth the wait even if it took a freakin' year. I waited for 39 of 'em! :D

I am getting two more in the new year, hell maybe more than two. Perhaps a few.
Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Standard Faded, Fender American Strat
Jackson Custom Shop Strat s/n 1226
JMP 2203, JCM 800 2205, Metro JTM 45
Metropoulos '68 12 Series s/n 12026
Marshall 1960 A/B 4 X 12's

dnatronic

Post by dnatronic » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:24 pm

I've got my plexi now! It was sooo worth the wait.

Thanks George!

Time to play . . .

Metal Handles

Post by Metal Handles » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Exactly right! I had a JTM 45 made to '65 specs with the RS output tranny and a great NOS board. The wait wasn't real short, but when I got it..... WOW!

It's been around 6 months since I've been breaking this baby in and It is a great little amp. I don't know what I like more, playing it or staring at the work George did inside.

Seriously, I play it more than my '69 50 watter. It saves my vintage amp some wear and tear, and I'm extremely happy playing my JTM 45.

I'm trying to save up for another amp. I know it won't ship that day, but if it was a couple of years, it would be worth it!