New to the forum

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Big Mike
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New to the forum

Post by Big Mike » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 pm

Absolutely Will. I'm a thorn slut.
Phenominal guitars.

Sorry for the Hijack Big Jim!
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee
Powered by Thorn and Kauer guitars
Scumback Speakers

Fido
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New to the forum

Post by Fido » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Big Jim wrote:Speaking of JTM 45....The funniest thing happened the other day. I actually stopped obsessing over the upcoming acquisition of my metro kit and I PLAYED SOME GUITAR! This made me stop to think what a great rock amp my DSL 100 is. So to best spread my gas dollars around the JTM would probably be the right amp kit for me. I've always dug the Bluesbreaker tone and I really dig the organic sound associated with that circuit.
Welcome, Jim. Your ruminations over "JTM45 vs. 50W" remind me of how my mind has changed since I started here at Metroamp. It was just prior to when we released the 50W kit, so thanx to poring over the instructions, getting daily earfuls of tone at work & eyefuls of well-deserved hype online, I was pretty sure the choice was clear. Now I've found myself gravitating toward the JTM45...it may be another year before I've found the time & money to build my kit Johnny Cash-style (it was a '65, '66, '67, '68, '69 Metromobile!) & who knows? Maybe I'll have changed my mind yet again by then...it's a drummer's prerogative! But as you surely know: The fun is in the journey, not the destination. Call me when that trigger finger itches, Big Jim!
Fido Kennington
Exile On 12th Street
http://www.bullhonky.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;