New March 2009: have Metroamp assemble your kit!

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: New March 2009: have Metroamp assemble your kit!

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:55 pm

You're absolutely right Jim. We are still a very small business, but I try to add services and value to Metro products any way we can.
Curt has been fabricating boards, prepping head cases, making cables....you name it, for 3 years now. He has about 5 amps under his belt now, and it's time to add this option.

I still build all Metropoulos amps personally, from scratch. I start by grabbing the chassis off the shelf and it's all me until it goes to the box for shipping. The difference in cost is due to the time and expertise that goes into the Metropoulos amps. Also the NOS parts, tweaking compared to original plexis, full support and warranty etc.

At approx $1500 USD for a completed kit, that will rival many boutique amps, this is an incredible value. This is only an option for the 3 metro kits 45, 50 and 100 watt. Not the '68 100w etc. Possibly for the 2203 later this year.

I'm 100% committed to growing and offering the services and products you guys are screaming for. I just have to grow at a sensible pace. If I try to go too fast it will be a dis-service to us all.

Thanks!

george
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

basile865
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by basile865 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Makes perfect sense - I was just curious.

daneswede

Post by daneswede » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 am

OnTheFritz wrote:
joshwilson3 wrote:Could we ship parts to you? I've already got my iron, caps, and plexi knobs. Though, I'll need to special order some PEC pots to make sure the linear and audio tape match that of a 2203. And I'm looking at ordering some Buchschlag MF resistors.
Can't speak for Metro because I don't work for George, but it would only make sense the assembly price is for his in-store kits/options only.

If you're piecing together your own amp, it's your gig baby!
I was thinking that to. Send him NOS TESLA EL34s. Mustards, and C.C. rstrs. which I already have as well as Mullard and Jan Phillips Nos preamp tubes? I wonder if they would let me send them the same type stuff and install for $400ish? good QUESTION!!! I am sure they will get a LOT OF WORK OUT OF THAT OFFER

A 68 12000 series built for you for $400 bucks plus cost! Whoa ! I got to go get my "HO" ATTENUATOR already now ! that andthe above mentioned pieces and your dialed in for TOne mania ! :!:

bulatovic

Post by bulatovic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:46 am

Just wanned to point out this if you've missed it

VelvetGeorge wrote:
At approx $1500 USD for a completed kit, that will rival many boutique amps, this is an incredible value. This is only an option for the 3 metro kits 45, 50 and 100 watt. Not the '68 100w etc. Possibly for the 2203 later this year.

george
Still, for that money... Blimey! It's a fantastic deal for anyone who is short on time or doesn't have the skills and patience - say 50w kit - a grand for the kit plus 400 for assembly - you get a fantastic point to point wired amp with amazing quality parts for 300$ less than a new 1987x PCB Marshall with inferior transformers, capacitors, etc...
Metro'd Marshall 1979 Super Bass / '80 1960A G12H30 55Hz
1974x 18w Clone - Trinity/Ceriatone

2008 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS
2005 Fender Stratocaster

charles

Post by charles » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am

Guitar Adjuster wrote:$400 is a great price, I wouldn't build one for that! :lol:
Ditto!

acdcguitarfreak

Post by acdcguitarfreak » Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 am

just ordered my jtm45 yesterday. i wasnt quite sure i was up to assembling it myself so i figured for $400 i could have it done right and not have to worry about zapping myself with high voltage. lol cant wait till it arrives :mrgreen:
Schecter C-1 E/A
Gretsch Electromatic Double jet
Metroamp JTM45
WGS Green Beret's

acdcguitarfreak

Post by acdcguitarfreak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

well, almost 6 weeks and no news on my amp... :? . i hope they didnt forget about me.
Schecter C-1 E/A
Metroamp JTM45
WGS Green Beret's

acdcguitarfreak

Post by acdcguitarfreak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 pm

acdcguitarfreak wrote:well, almost 6 weeks and no news on my amp... :? . i hope they didnt forget about me.
just got an email from Fido. the amp is done but the headbox is back-ordered till friday. hopefully the amp ships next week... :mrgreen:
Schecter C-1 E/A
Metroamp JTM45
WGS Green Beret's

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Got the small boxes in today. We'll have your amp shipped tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry about the delay. They made the chassis cut out on the front panels too tall and had to correct them.

george

acdcguitarfreak

Post by acdcguitarfreak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm

VelvetGeorge wrote:Got the small boxes in today. We'll have your amp shipped tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry about the delay. They made the chassis cut out on the front panels too tall and had to correct them.

george
ok, cool. no need to apoligize , it wasn't your fault they were made wrong. thanks again George.
Schecter C-1 E/A
Metroamp JTM45
WGS Green Beret's

acdcguitarfreak

Post by acdcguitarfreak » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:42 am

well, i finally gigged with my amp. the more i play it the more i love it. it sounds really good. i got quite a few compliments on it. thanks again to everyone at the Metro shop!
Schecter C-1 E/A
Metroamp JTM45
WGS Green Beret's

admin
Administrator

Post by admin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 pm

basile865 wrote:I think this is great too but I'm curious, essentially how is having you guys assemble one of your kits any different than buying a prebuilt one off the page?

I love the idea I'm just confused because an assembed metro amp is 2500 and an assembled metro kit is like 1500. Whats the difference other than I'm assuming George not assembling them himself? Is the 1500 a lesser quality amp or the 2500 one a higher quality amp? Sorry I just had to ask
Check out the podcast on Plexi Replicas... http://plexireplicas.com/premier-guitar ... th-george/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MetroAmp = Kits = Functional, High Quality amp to reproduce plexi tone
-kit built either by your or MetroAmp staff

Metropoulos Amplfication = finished Plexi Replicas = taken to the next level with NOS parts and visual design to reproduce plexi tone and looks
-amplifier built personally by George, using an original Marshall for reference
-components measured, tested, and hand-selected during the build
-NOS parts and some exclusive materials
-finished amp tested and tweaked by George in comparison to reference amps
-warts and all replica of original plexi details

griffid

Post by griffid » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:15 pm

Here's a question for ya...What are the options for a depressed customer who just can't finish his build? Forum has been a big help but I'm at my wits end and I just can't get that sucker to work. Kinda wishing I woulda paid the $400 up front, but I had a goal in mind. I wanted to build th '69 100 watter, then chage a few things to make it closer to a '68. So, I wanted to learn the ins-and-outs. Thought I was doing OK but the board gave me big problems.

Now, could I send what I have back, pay the $400 and whatever fee for the caps, resistors, and whatever else needs to be fixed/replaced? I have been humbled enough!!

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner

Post by VelvetGeorge » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:44 pm

We won't leave you hanging with a pile of parts that don't work. You can send it to us or any of the great techs who hang out here. It will probably take longer for us to get it squared away than if one of the techs here take it on. We just don't have the staff to turn these around. But we will get it done for you. Contact Fido about an RA number.

george

griffid

Post by griffid » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Great, thanks for the response George! I will contact Fido...